Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: haha running over units with a tank n goliath xD
haha running over units with a tank n goliath xD
Oct 6 2007, 12:01 pm
By: Retarded.Whale  

Oct 6 2007, 12:01 pm Retarded.Whale Post #1

I made this small test thingy map. I started off trying to learn how footstep fx work (n i succeeded, hurray for me!? :P [the steps for the goliath/marine are taken from bf2142, n i forget where i got the tank 1 from :P])

Then something else just popped up:
Woo! Running over people with a goliath and tank! :D!!

so far i haven't seen a map like that yet!? idk if there is 1, but let me know o_O

Haha, note that when you move your marine towards the tank/goliath, the marine wont die, but when you move the tank/goliath towards the marine, then the marine will die :P

Attachments:
test thingy.scm
Hits: 14 Size: 141.28kb

None.

Oct 8 2007, 4:57 am RoryFenrir Post #2

hah this is kinda cool, but the sounds are really anoying :)

this would be a pretty easy trig to make, i may use this some time

None.

Oct 8 2007, 4:08 pm MrrLL Post #3

I made a map or two like this years ago. I just had a tank and a map full of buildings any units, it killed anything it ran over.

None.

Oct 8 2007, 10:44 pm Rantent Post #4

I remember looking at one of these sorts of maps submitted to the old dldb.
The reason you don't see many of these is that the map was only fun for about 5 seconds, then it was just monotonous.

None.

Oct 8 2007, 11:29 pm blacklight28 Post #5

Can't you just use hyper triggers and center a location around the tank and say when a player brings a unit to the thing running things over that the unit will die?

None.

Oct 9 2007, 8:56 am Retarded.Whale Post #6

Quote from blacklight28
Can't you just use hyper triggers and center a location around the tank and say when a player brings a unit to the thing running things over that the unit will die?

Then they can get ran over even if i never move
Heh, the point is to run over things when you want to run over them, so only if you're moving and a civillian or something gets in your way, it gets ran over, boom! 1hit kill just like running over people in Halo 2 with a tank :D

Also, I've seen tanks run over things in maps, but a goliath? o_O Now that would go great in a BF2142-based map :O!!

None.

Oct 9 2007, 2:15 pm Joshgt2 Post #7

This had been done by I think it was DEAD in his GTA classics... Once you killed too many people then the police would be on you... I don't know what he did with his maps but the latest version of his maps I had to show this is 'GTA classic v.0.9.7.1'

None.

Oct 9 2007, 8:57 pm Vi3t-X Post #8

Always
Center location "GOL" on Goliath
Preserve Trigger

Player (Enemy) brings at least 1 (any unit) to location "GOL"
Kill all units for (Enemy) at location "GOL"
Preserve Trigger

Thats what I beleive it is, if im wrong, who cares im 11

None.

Oct 10 2007, 9:16 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #9

uh i liked the idea, but the sounds were turned up a titch to high for the tank and goliath, and i wish it would kill them when you hit them dead on :)

None.

Options
  Back to forum