Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: Belief in God
Belief in God
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Apr 3 2009, 3:29 am
By: omginbd  

Apr 3 2009, 3:29 am omginbd Post #1

I have a lot of friends that say they believe in God, and Christ, and believe they are omnipotent, and what not, but then they like totally deny that. I personally have seen miracles happen to them then they call it all coincidence. I guess all I'm asking is how this can happen? I mean what can possibly compel people to just throw it all away?

None.

Apr 3 2009, 3:49 am Vrael Post #2

Quote from name:SD Rules
7. Present Arguments. (for new topics) When opening a new thread, please state your point of view or argument. News updates, "Ask me anything about X", etc., do not present a stance on an issue that is for debate.
omginbd, please provide an argument or point of view. In the weakest sense, you have implied that your friends are being ridiculous by not believing in God, which may further imply your own belief, but this is a violation of this rule:
5. Clarity and Effort. Please do not be unnecessarily ambiguous or deceptive in your posts. It is disruptive when there is a debate spanning a large amount of posts when you could have simply explained it well at the beginning. You will be held to what you SAY, not what you MEAN. If you do not have time or are not willing to put forth the effort to fully formulate and develop an idea, don't post. Posts judged to be of a low quality will be deleted at moderation's discretion.

Additionally, you have not explained these miracles you have presented, which is a violation of:
3. Sources and Evidence. If something is beyond the scope of "common knowledge", please provide sufficent evidence, sources and references to back up your claim. If you are unsure of whether or not what you posting is common knowledge, err on the side of caution and provide them anyway.

I am going to lock this for the multiple violations cited above, and for the reason that the subject involved can get extremely heated extremely quickly. If you wish me to unlock the topic, fix the above rule violations and make it expressly clear that your intent is to seriously discuss the matter, rather than splurt out whatever comes to your mind.

None.

Options
  Back to forum