Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Interceptor problem
Interceptor problem
Sep 25 2007, 11:50 pm
By: blacklight28  

Sep 27 2007, 11:13 pm Falkoner Post #21

Okay, the interceptor will not be able to move if the carrier is moving, even once it gets out, so that is the glitch, here's a map that shows it working:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3wwymdnz2ym

I tested it out, and what was happening, was that the carrier tried to follow the zealot for a little bit, and during that time the interceptor was held up.

None.

Sep 27 2007, 11:15 pm Demented Shaman Post #22

The triggers are a mess.

The carrier will not attack because it's constantly being JYD. Also it won't attack because it has no enemies to attack.

Also, what's the point of that trigger for P7, it does nothing.

None.

Sep 28 2007, 12:54 am blacklight28 Post #23

That's the first version and you don't make any sense. And P8 has the P7 to attack...

And guys, check the map the other map I posted, "Hunt" it works on that and the interceptor is JYD while the carrier is also JYD.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 28 2007, 1:01 am by blacklight28.

None.

Sep 28 2007, 1:29 am Falkoner Post #24

So it does, well I guess I feel stupid, since I tried that map and didn't notice the interceptor, I guess this is solved then.

None.

Sep 28 2007, 1:54 am Demented Shaman Post #25

Quote from blacklight28
That's the first version and you don't make any sense. And P8 has the P7 to attack...
Just because another computer is there for the other computer to attack doesn't mean it will. They have to be enemies and you have to set that.

None.

Sep 28 2007, 3:21 am blacklight28 Post #26

Hmmmm, well, on the other map the unit that triggered the interceptor to come out was P1's.

None.

Sep 28 2007, 8:37 am zerg Post #27

sup blacklight,

I looked over your map, the one you attached had a few problems. I attached a modified version that works.

It's almost the same but it avoids all the problems discussed in the above thread.

I also added the P8: make P7 enemy trigger, which you must have left out in this version of the map.

The main problem was that, indeed, JYD and Patrolling were preventing the Interceptor from even coming out to attack. This map fixes that by making sure the Interceptor comes out before doing the JYD and Patrol actions. With hyper triggers it's only a second or two at the beginning of the game, and you know the Interceptor will definitely come out. Everything else in the map still works fine as well.

I don't know why Hunt works. There's a million factors having to do with timing that could have allowed it in Hunt but prevented it in ANS. But this version is pretty close to failsafe, and it's a better fit for this map anyway.

I guess with two different maps and two different sets of events, you never know what weird stuff will be different between them.

Well, I hope this helps. I tried to explain all of my triggers.

my email's slickwillbo42 at hotmail.com , email me if you got questions

Attachments:
Aim_N_Shoot0.scx
Hits: 2 Size: 48.11kb

None.

Sep 29 2007, 8:11 pm blacklight28 Post #28

Didn't work.... :( maybe my computer screwed it up.

None.

Sep 30 2007, 12:13 am Falkoner Post #29

blacklight, just stick with the map of yours that worked, there's no need to use anything else, if it works, use it.

None.

Sep 30 2007, 6:06 pm blacklight28 Post #30

:(

Then I have to redo everything....

Fine

None.

Oct 6 2007, 7:26 am pneumatic Post #31

did you get it to work?

None.

Oct 6 2007, 8:13 pm blacklight28 Post #32

I'm gonna use a different map.

None.

Oct 7 2007, 4:58 pm Joshgt2 Post #33

Why use a different map if your triggers are working the way you want them to, unless I miss read something. I remember that this site used to have a tutorial about how to do it before everything got shut down or something. That tutorial worked really good but maybe you could find something similar to it if you search it.

None.

Oct 8 2007, 4:35 am blacklight28 Post #34

The map that I am making the triggers aren't working on, which is why I'm switching maps.

None.

Oct 8 2007, 4:53 am Jello-Jigglers Post #35

Did you ever think where you test the map is affecting the outcome? are you testing in lan or multiplayer? just a thought :)

None.

Oct 8 2007, 5:06 am blacklight28 Post #36

I've tested in single player, LAN, and B.net.

None.

Options
  Back to forum