Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: 12/21/2012= End of Days
12/21/2012= End of Days
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Sep 18 2007, 10:10 pm
By: JordanN  

Sep 18 2007, 10:10 pm JordanN Post #1

Heh, ironicly after viewing this ytmnd http://endofourworld.ytmnd.com/ I went to this website http://www.exitmundi.nl/exitmundi.htm to read what that head to say about december 21st 2007. For those who don't know, thats when the mayan calenders end. Why does this matter? Well because according to popular belief, the Mayans where experts at mathematics and they somehow how predictions that came true like the defeat of their country. Now this has lead to people to think that on 12/21/2012 the day the Mayans calender ends is the same day the earth will end. To me I think thats stupid. How can such a predicted day be that accurate. Why not 2130 is the end of days or 2025. Well some things to consider on 12/21/2012 is...

-Starcraft 2. Will proboly be released in that year.
-World War 3. Eventually the nations on the earth will be pulled into a deadly conflict.
-Famine. With all the efforts to support africa and other suffering nations it still appears that things are getting more worse.
-Diseases and Cancer. All though cures are being found, every day these new viruses are starting to fight against these antibiotics. And when that happends stronger viruses will be almost immune.

- - - - - - -
So what do you think. The world will end on that day or will we be annihilated by some other thing.

None.

Sep 18 2007, 10:23 pm Centreri Post #2

Relatively ancient and inactive

I don't believe it's that precise date, but I believe it will happen at one point. I really like some of these scenarios. Like the 'End of Days' or 'Mass Insanity'. Really fascinating.

None.

Sep 18 2007, 10:44 pm Golden-Fist Post #3

Those scenarios are interesting. The Mayan thing is the one that scares me the most, as far as my science teacher has told me out of all the Mayan predictions only one or two have been wrong. So I wonder what will happen then. When you look at stuff like this you wonder if we're just "The joke of the universe" look at all the possible things that could happen, even if we were somehow able to stop one of those disasters we've still got plenty more. And stuff like Yellowstone blowing up is something we can't stop.

None.

Sep 18 2007, 10:50 pm BeDazed Post #4

It will not happen. Period.
Because I know I'll live more than just 30 years.

None.

Sep 18 2007, 10:59 pm Centreri Post #5

Keep telling yourself that.
/me laughs evilly*

An interesting death > a mundane life. By interesting, I don't mean flayed alive or suicide. I mean something unavoidable.

None.

Sep 18 2007, 11:25 pm ~:Deathawk:~ Post #6

Ermm, and you would know this by experience?.. or have the power to tell me what I would rather do with my life..?

and my life isn't mundane =D it's spechiojajaja

None.

Sep 18 2007, 11:32 pm Centreri Post #7

I was talking about it for me personally, but if you wish to adopt my beliefs on life and death and how to survive both, you're certainly welcome to :P. My life is currently mundane. It's a small wonder I'm not violent. /insanelittlegiggle

None.

Sep 19 2007, 12:55 am MillenniumArmy Post #8

It will not happen. Period.
Because I know I'll live more than just 30 years.
You sure about that?

*sneaks up behind BeDazed with a knife*

None.

Options
  Back to forum