Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Two Questions
Two Questions
Nov 28 2008, 7:40 pm
By: Lord Malvanis  

Nov 28 2008, 7:40 pm Lord Malvanis Post #1

Hey, first up, when I looked in stat_txt.tbl I couldn't find the "Cheat Enabled" or the "Nuclear Launch Detected" files
Where could I edit those? are they in a different file Or am I just not looking good enough

Second, In all the tutorials I've looked at, NONE OF THEM have given instructions on how to change a units GRP file with another GRP file you downloaded. So I'm asking, can someone tell me how to do this, or give me a tutorial saying how

None.

Nov 28 2008, 7:44 pm Devourer Post #2

Hello

1] They are there... just search em, lol
2] You have to know which unit you want to replace, for example: battlecruiser... you just open your mod with winmpq, click add, unit\terran\battlecruis.grp [BE WARNED; IF YOU REPLACE IT WITH A GRAPHIC WHICH HAS NOT AS MANY FRAMES AS THE OLD HAD THE GAME WILL CRASH!]

that's all, hope that help

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Nov 28 2008, 7:55 pm Lord Malvanis Post #3

Okay, say I wanted to replace the firebat with the rocket marine GRP from maplantis, located here
I would just import it into my mod as units\terran\firebat.grp?

None.

Nov 28 2008, 8:05 pm FlyingHat Post #4

Quote from Lord Malvanis
Hey, first up, when I looked in stat_txt.tbl I couldn't find the "Cheat Enabled" or the "Nuclear Launch Detected" files
Where could I edit those? are they in a different file Or am I just not looking good enough

They're probably not in stat_txt.tbl at all. There are OTHER tbl files you can search in, I don't know where but you can use TBLPad's search function to help yourself.

None.

Nov 28 2008, 8:05 pm Fisty Post #5

Quote from Devourer
2] You have to know which unit you want to replace, for example: battlecruiser... you just open your mod with winmpq, click add, unit\terran\battlecruis.grp [BE WARNED; IF YOU REPLACE IT WITH A GRAPHIC WHICH HAS NOT AS MANY FRAMES AS THE OLD HAD THE GAME WILL CRASH!]

Bullshit. Learn to Iscript before making such a bold claim. All you need to do is script it properly.

None.

Nov 28 2008, 8:08 pm FlyingHat Post #6

Quote from Lord Malvanis
Okay, say I wanted to replace the firebat with the rocket marine GRP from maplantis, located here
I would just import it into my mod as units\terran\firebat.grp?
You can do that, it might work. But the firebat will be buggy in your mod because you haven't scripted the animations to fit the new GRP that you just added.

To help you with the magical object known as iscript, there are plenty of tutorials around SEN and some other places where modding is featured. Or, you can just ask about iscript here on SEN.

None.

Nov 28 2008, 8:11 pm Lord Malvanis Post #7

Okay, thanks everyone

None.

Nov 28 2008, 8:15 pm Devourer Post #8

Hello

Quote from name:Deathman101
Quote from Devourer

Bullshit. Learn to Iscript before making such a bold claim. All you need to do is script it properly.

it's not bullshit -.-
of course iscripting also works, but if you dont it will crash...

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Nov 29 2008, 1:01 am modmaster50 Post #9

Well, if you iscript it wrong, it will do weird things or crash (I remember failing badly at iscripting frames for custom GRPs). For starters, its best to copy over an iscript from an existing unit with the same frames (i used rocket marine b4, but I forget which unit the frame count was based off of, i believe it was marine?). Then you can edit it to do cool overlays and such.

None.

Nov 29 2008, 1:43 am Fisty Post #10

Quote from name:
Quote from name:Deathman101
Quote from Devourer

it's not bullshit -.-
of course iscripting also works, but if you dont it will crash...
That failed in so many ways it's unbelievable.

Quote from name:
Well, if you iscript it wrong, it will do weird things or crash (I remember failing badly at iscripting frames for custom GRPs). For starters, its best to copy over an iscript from an existing unit with the same frames (i used rocket marine b4, but I forget which unit the frame count was based off of, i believe it was marine?). Then you can edit it to do cool overlays and such.
Has someone been playing Brink Of Oblivion?

And LM, I have a working version of the Rocket Trooper if you would like to use it as a reference.

None.

Nov 29 2008, 11:52 pm modmaster50 Post #11

I have a working version of the rocket trooper too, but I havent looked at SCNA for so long that I cant really decipher my old iscript (as for what script was for what).

And, no, I havent been playing brink of oblivion (how was that related to my post anyways?).

None.

Options
  Back to forum