Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: The Rally Point Button and Cloak
The Rally Point Button and Cloak
Nov 9 2008, 6:59 pm
By: Lunes Madness  

Nov 9 2008, 6:59 pm Lunes Madness Post #1

all i want is to be able to make a certain building like supply depot to build scv with a rally point. ive managed to make it with the scv but the button "Rally Point" wont work. i tried to copy the button from all the buildings that originaly has a rally point button (and even to make a button set with a replica of a building with initially has a rally point button) and i checked the "Produce Units?" box at DataEdit but to no avail.

And also i want to make a vulture to have a cloaking feature.

Checked the "Cloakable" and "Spellcaster" box at DataEdit
Added buttons (copied from ghost) on Firegraft
Arrange the Dat Req like this:
Code
Or
Current unit
Vulture

in-game it said "not enough energy" even tough i have 100 energy. ive used the energy cheat and ive come to realize that its useless (clickable only button)
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
to whom it may concern:
whats the difference of code and codebox?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 9 2008, 7:28 pm by Lunes Madness. Reason: anyone deserves a second chance

None.

Nov 9 2008, 7:07 pm Fisty Post #2

Rally Points are Hardcoded.

None.

Nov 9 2008, 7:19 pm Lunes Madness Post #3

ahh... so ill just forget about it like it was a senseless dream (tough not all dreams are all senseless).

now if i can just make the vultures cloakable....

None.

Nov 9 2008, 9:27 pm Sand Wraith Post #4

she/her

In case you don't believe Deathman101, rally points are hardcoded to work only for specific units/structures.

Try copying the Wraith's cloak button instead, and then edit the requirements for Cloaking Field (different from Personnel Cloaking).

"Code" tags allows the inside to extend to as long as the text inside requires. "Codebox" tags limits it to a small rectangle that you must scroll through to look at the text in full.

Nov 9 2008, 9:50 pm Fyrinite Post #5

You will need the exe edits to get cloak working. I hope they are all right, I still don't know if they are in the current version.

None.

Nov 9 2008, 9:55 pm Corbo Post #6

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

I believe cloaking does not work with the current version.

fuck you all

Nov 10 2008, 8:46 pm Lunes Madness Post #7

i dont know, i follow New-.Hydrolisk and somehow a part of it works. The vulture can cloak at 100+ energy (for some reason tough cloaks energy req is 25) but it can't decloak (only clickable).

is Cloaked Req - Use Cloaking Field--------------------------------Enabled
is Uncloaked Req - Use Cloaking Field----------------------------Enabled
is Cloaked Req - Use Personel Cloaking--------------------------Enabled
is Uncloaked Req - Use Personel Cloaking----------------------Enabled
Command - Tech Check - Use Cloaking Field-------------------Enabled
Command - Tech Check - Use Personel Cloaking-------------Enabled
Command - Use Cloaking Use Personel---------------------------Enabled
Command - Use Personel Cloaking---------------------------------Enabled
Energy Dec - Cloaking Field-----------------------------------------13
Energy Dec - Personel Cloaking------------------------------------10
Energy Dec - Use Cloaking Field------------------------------------Enabled
Energy Dec - Use Personel Cloaking-------------------------------Enabled

ive enabled all on the things about cloaking in exe edits. my firefraft ver 0.92 -Starcraft v1.15a

uhhh other than Rally point, what more things in starcraft are Hardcoded?

None.

Nov 10 2008, 9:11 pm Fyrinite Post #8

Basically it's all the stuff you can't find in the files in the mpq. DatEdit is a large part of that. Everything FG edits is actually 'hardcoded' as it's all part of the exe.

Biggest ones are stuff like siege mode, archon merging, cloaking, building nukes, scarabs/interceptors, and stuff like that. Some of them FG has edits for. Others are too hard to edit.

None.

Nov 11 2008, 12:23 pm Lunes Madness Post #9

so theres no way to decloak my vultures then..?

None.

Options
  Back to forum