Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: unused database, need to incorporate review
unused database, need to incorporate review
Nov 1 2008, 2:19 am
By: SiberianTiger  

Dec 16 2008, 7:50 pm Demented Shaman Post #21

Most of the community would agree with what you're saying, but the problem is almost no one wants to contribute anything themselves. Everyone will say oh we need to do more X to improve the community, but no one is willing to do it.

For example there's already a basic review system here http://www.staredit.net/?p=reviews but hardly anyone uses it.

Personally, I only go to the database when I know what I'm looking for. I don't really browse through it looking for new maps to play or anything. Occasionally I'll check out the comments in recent maps just to see what's being discussed.

I agree however that a good review system might change my DLDB usage because if I saw a bunch of good interesting reviews that really appealed to me I might decide to check out the map.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 16 2008, 7:56 pm by Mayor.

None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:55 pm]
Voyager7456 -- Splash (Enemy) is what Firebats do - it just prevents damage to your own units
[02:51 pm]
MTiger156 -- ...although in my case its ranged units vs. melee zombies and stuff
[02:50 pm]
MTiger156 -- I thought the "Splash (Enemy)" already does that. I've switched Arclite Shock Cannon ans Psi Storm to that and never had friendly-fire issues in PvE maps.
[02:48 pm]
O)FaRTy1billion[MM] -- they probably found some trickery with EUDs and like player IDs or something
[02:47 pm]
O)FaRTy1billion[MM] -- that's why i'm not sure how they did it
[02:16 pm]
Voyager7456 -- :thinking: nothing jumped out to me after looking at the damage functions
[01:48 pm]
O)FaRTy1billion[MM] -- there are EUD maps with splash that doesn't hit allies, but I'm not sure how they did it
[01:34 pm]
Voyager7456 -- Corbo
Corbo shouted: dem0n's gonna go in first round
We must work to allow the RAWRZ!!! ^_^ Monster the victory it has long deserved O_O
[01:33 pm]
Voyager7456 -- You need to do some GPTP plugin shit if you want to avoid that
[01:33 pm]
Voyager7456 -- Through .dat editing you can have splash not affect your units, but it will always affect other players, even allies
Please log in to shout.

Members Online: Roy, garnkiewicz82258, caleksander92, jun3hong, lil-Inferno, Voyager7456