Time
Aug 14 2008, 5:34 pm
By: midget_man_66  

Oct 12 2008, 1:47 pm Doodle77 Post #21

The enter key. Learn to use it.

None.

Oct 13 2008, 2:19 pm New-Guy Post #22

Vrael, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here...
I can understand how the guy in the rocket feels the acceleration, but the guy sitting on the planet?

And I don't see how this relates to time either...
It could just be my 10th grade brain trying to dumb it down and failing, but I found that paragragh really confusing.

None.

Oct 13 2008, 9:00 pm EzDay281 Post #23

but the guy sitting on the planet?
Gravity. Being on earth is like having no gravity while standing on a platform that's accelerating at 9m/s/s up.

None.

Oct 14 2008, 3:02 am Vi3t-X Post #24

Time is as fast as you want it to be.
It takes me 50000 Moosaseconds to type a period.
(.)

None.

Oct 15 2008, 4:36 am Kaias Post #25

Quote from Vi3t-X
Time is as fast as you want it to be.
It takes me 50000 Moosaseconds to type a period.
(.)
That isn't time moving as fast as you want it, that's just measuring time in different units.
Quote from EzDay281
but the guy sitting on the planet?
Gravity. Being on earth is like having no gravity while standing on a platform that's accelerating at 9m/s/s up.
While you're in the business of rounding, it's actually closer to 10m/sē

None.

Oct 15 2008, 12:43 pm EzDay281 Post #26

While you're in the business of rounding, it's actually closer to 10m/sē
I meant 9.8, but the point's unchanged. :P

None.

Oct 16 2008, 10:51 pm Conspiracy Post #27

I used to think that Time was a construct created by humans to explain why things happened. Like when the sun went down, how long it took for the sun to come back up, or go back down. It was also probably created to be able to explain a sequence of events. This would allow 'time travel' though in my opinion, the only way to go back in time is to re-create the moment, like in Assassins Creed. the 90% of chromosones we DON'T use, stores what our ancestors have seen, which seems kinda bogus, but what else is there to do but test it? :P

Time is really just a measurment on how our lives pass. And back onto your 'cell' thing.

Quote from Jello-Jigglers
Quote from StrikerX22
I was going to post, but then I realized there is no reason going into a practically philosophical physics debate without the OP containing a real references (citing) for an argument. There are far too many views and implications, and this is pointless if you're simply given a wiki (not OP) that covers everything just a little tiny bit. Quote some books/articles or something, have a clear argument or implication, and then I'll be more motivated to spar.

The posts before me prove the issue. This is like swimming through mud. bleh. As for the question in OP... Yes it affects us. It affects us the just like space affects us. What more do you want? it chains together events. You might say it causes everything.... It is the law of causality, in a way.
Agreed. The first post doesn't provide a precise enough topic.

Expanding on what SX22 said, of coarse "it" affects us. "It" being time or our quantifications of time. Cells in our bodies can only split so much. Our cells simply stop splitting. Whether it be genetically programed into them, or they physically cannot split more then x numbers of times, we aren't sure. Once you stop making enough cells, vital organs are on the verge of shutdown. So, in essence, each time your cells split, your body is one split closer to a catastrophic meltdown.

(I know its a little off topic, but you can 'extend' time with what ima bout to say.)

When your cells divide, you loose part of your chromosomes, causing you to eventually quit reproducing cells. What about cancer?.

Cancer is basically our cells, essentially gone haywire, correct me if im wrong please. But they also produce rapidly, thats why kemo works, sometimes. They also contain a chemical (I think its called like C90) that reduces the amount of chromosomes lost. There fore, increasing how much chromosomes you lose. Basically, increasing your life span.

None.

Oct 20 2008, 9:19 pm midget_man_66 Post #28

After further examination, the way i see it, time is a 4 dimensional aspect of the third dimension. Its part of Einstein's theory of relativity. A 3 dimensional matrix is bound by time, creating space-time. a fabric that explains gravity...

Hypothetical situation:
You have 2 of the same kind of clock.
One is launched into outer space farther away from the point of gravity (earth)
One stays on earth.

clocks in space move faster than clocks on earth... even electronic ones. Its because of the fabric of space-time. time does have a very real effect on us, we are the ones who quarted it, cut it, and called it "time" but the idea of an over-encompassing entity of time is very real.

None.

Oct 20 2008, 11:56 pm Conspiracy Post #29

Quote from midget_man_66
clocks in space move faster than clocks on earth... even electronic ones. Its because of the fabric of space-time. time does have a very real effect on us, we are the ones who quarted it, cut it, and called it "time" but the idea of an over-encompassing entity of time is very real.
I thought Time was slower in space. Anyway, we did create time, and over 'time' gravity takes effects on our body. I believe that was one of Einsteins theories on how gravity is woven into the Time Space Continuum. The longer on earth, the more gravity pulls on you, weakening you.

None.

Nov 26 2008, 7:54 am Kellimus Post #30

Quote from midget_man_66
After further examination, the way i see it, time is a 4 dimensional aspect of the third dimension. Its part of Einstein's theory of relativity. A 3 dimensional matrix is bound by time, creating space-time. a fabric that explains gravity...

Hypothetical situation:
You have 2 of the same kind of clock.
One is launched into outer space farther away from the point of gravity (earth)
One stays on earth.

Uh, WRONG!

Go into space and go the speed of light in one direction, and have another person go the other direction and just a bit under the speed of light. Make sure you have a device that can count 'time' (basically a small device that has a 'ticking' ball in it that's glowing and when you move it, it creates a line from the point where you first moved it, to the point it is at after you're done) and you'll see that the one moving in the opposite direction and below the speed of light is actually moving slower.

There is an astronaught on the space station that's been up there for years straight and guess what? He's travelled one or two seconds into the future. Proven fact, go look it up.

......Do you even know what you're talking about when you bring up his theory?

Judging by your post, you don't........

Most scientists believe that the 4th dimension if you're to map 'space' in three dimensions, would be the thing that warps the 'wire/mesh' of your diagram.

Gravity and Time somewhat coexist.

But I believe time is a fabrication created by man to explain the natural evolution of the Universe, so meh.

None.

Options
  Back to forum