Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: Evolution/Gap theory/Christianity
Evolution/Gap theory/Christianity
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 7 2008, 8:35 pm
By: CecilSunkure  

Jul 7 2008, 8:35 pm CecilSunkure Post #1

I recently saw a large thread on the theory of evolution, and it got a bit messy with me answering a bunch of ppl who pasted quite a bit of time ago, so I decided to make a new thread about this topic.

I want this thread to stay between Evolution/Gap theory/Christianity and I would like it if you posted only questions and defenses to whatever you would like on these three topics. I can imagine that this thread would get a bit off topic easy so keep the topic on these subjects please.

I have been studying Evolution and Christianity quite a bit lately and I can most likely answer whatever questions you all have, but I am the weakest on the the Gap Theory topic and I apologize in advance if I can't answer something on that topic.

Please don't post anything here that is vulgar and of no use to the thread, post only arguements and questions, not random insults.

None.

Jul 7 2008, 8:36 pm Brontobyte Post #2

How was God created? :-_-: Who created him? Why did he create life?

None.

Jul 7 2008, 8:36 pm Demented Shaman Post #3

http://iidb.infidels.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=160032

None.

Jul 7 2008, 8:38 pm WoAHorde Post #4

Is your god a christian?

None.

Jul 7 2008, 8:38 pm Demented Shaman Post #5

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

None.

Jul 7 2008, 8:39 pm Falkoner Post #6

Why did he create life?

Enjoy :)

None.

Jul 7 2008, 8:42 pm CecilSunkure Post #7

Quote from Brontobyte
How was God created? :-_-: Who created him? Why did he create life?

The question how was god created is not a proper question because the word was is in the past tense. God is not bound by time because he is limitless, so therefor god does not need a creation date, or a beginning.

He created man so that there was somthing that would love him back by choice. So he gave man free will, and other options besides himself. This enables man to choose to love and follow god, or rebel against god.

God didn't make certain people choose to sin, he made people have a choice to sin or not.

None.

Jul 7 2008, 8:43 pm Brontobyte Post #8

Quote from Falkoner
Why did he create life?

Enjoy :)

Oh that is a bunch of bullshit. How can they tell me that when I die, I will be resurrected? How do they know what will happen once you die, and how can that be proven?

None.

Jul 7 2008, 8:45 pm CecilSunkure Post #9

Quote from WoAHorde
Is your god a christian?

lol, I'm pretty sure he has nothing to do with religion, as Jesus defined religion as giving to the poor, and I think keeping the sabbath holy. Keeping the sabbath holy means dont turn chruch into a pagan market, or something like that, it means honor the sabbath. So no, god is not religious.

Edit: It may have been treating others as you want to be treated instead of keeping the sabbath holy.. I can't remember D:

But nowadays religion is defined as a set of rules to get to heaven, which to me, is pointless. Christianity is NOT a religion as you may think, it is a relationship with God.

None.

Jul 7 2008, 8:46 pm Falkoner Post #10

1 Corinthians 15 should explain it all :)

None.

Jul 7 2008, 8:48 pm Brontobyte Post #11

How do you know God actually exists? Have you ever seen him/her/it? Most everything today can be proven by science.

Example:

The Native Americans thought that if they sacrificed animals/people it would please the Gods and then create rain to grow their crops. We now know that to be false, because of weather and how it can be predicted.

None.

Options
  Back to forum