Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Installation Buildings
Installation Buildings
May 31 2008, 11:15 pm
By: Falkoner  

May 31 2008, 11:15 pm Falkoner Post #1

Okay, I've been working on Installation blends lately, and I've come to the problem of stacked elevations, and this is about all I can get:

Does anyone think they know a way to improve this? Or is it good enough as is?

Here's some other variations of it:

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on May 31 2008, 11:24 pm by Falkoner.

None.

Jun 1 2008, 12:03 am FooFighters Post #2

I like the third one, it blends more then the other two, but keep trying, i'll see if i can try my hand at that
Edit: Here it is, the one i think might help
http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=falkog4.png

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 1 2008, 12:15 am by FooFighters.

None.

Jun 1 2008, 12:24 am JaBoK Post #3

Well, there's always the classic example of using stacked very thin walls to look like they're piled up.

None.

Jun 1 2008, 12:33 am Falkoner Post #4

FooFighters, I love that one, it looks great, it reminds me of that stacked temple blend a while back, thanks for that.

None.

Jun 1 2008, 2:12 am New-Guy Post #5

The only problem that I can think of is that front corner. It looks a little off to me, but other than that, it's pretty good.
(Better than I can do)

None.

Jun 1 2008, 5:01 am Vi3t-X Post #6

Why would you want installation buildings? The installation itself is a building!

None.

Jun 1 2008, 12:51 pm Zergblender Post #7

Quote from Vi3t-X
Why would you want installation buildings? The installation itself is a building!
Win :D

None.

Jun 1 2008, 5:24 pm FooFighters Post #8

Thanks Falk, and installation is a building itself, lol, but i think this topic should be called, Extended Installation Buildings

None.

Jun 1 2008, 6:17 pm lil-Inferno Post #9

Just here for the pie

Quote from Vi3t-X
A building inside a building? Wow, the world has changed :><: .

Jun 1 2008, 8:22 pm stickynote Post #10

Quote from JaBoK
Well, there's always the classic example of using stacked very thin walls to look like they're piled up.

But it looks more like a mound rather than a building.

None.

Jun 1 2008, 10:41 pm Falkoner Post #11

Yeah, it reminds me of the Empire State Building :P I guess I can use both. And you guys are lame :P If I'm going for a futuristic look, where the floors are metal, installation makes a good high-tech city terrain.

None.

Jun 1 2008, 11:55 pm stickynote Post #12

1 4r3s l4m3? Futuristic buildings just for terrain or for your movie contest map?

None.

Jun 2 2008, 12:00 am Falkoner Post #13

Movie Contest Map already has it's terrain, you can check it out sometime if you want, I'm switching my work over to my map for the summer contest, which is on Installation, so I need some moar blends :P

None.

Jun 2 2008, 3:30 pm Falkoner Post #14

Okay, I figured out how to add ends to the sides, and I decided to stick with the empire state building idea :P

None.

Jun 2 2008, 11:21 pm stickynote Post #15

Didn't rory do some buildings in instillation? I remember he made one with the 'bottomless pit' as the sides of the building.

None.

Jun 3 2008, 12:08 am Falkoner Post #16

Yeah.... I didn't like that one.

None.

Jun 3 2008, 12:27 am FooFighters Post #17

Hey, i always like to help, maybe i'll submit my blend to lil-Inferno, since it was my work, you just added the back!
Any ways, i'm always glad to help, even if i'm not as good as you all!
Edit:
Found out you could make it like a real building, have the substructure as the street, and the floor as the yard, and use a blown wall as a door :)

None.

Jun 3 2008, 1:00 am stickynote Post #18

And you can put a gate in front of it so that when a unit walks near it, the gate goes down and you see the hole/door!!! :omfg:

None.

Options
  Back to forum