Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Bubble Defense
Bubble Defense
Apr 28 2008, 8:09 pm
By: Impeached  

Apr 28 2008, 8:09 pm Impeached Post #1

In Bubble defense (4 players), each player will defend the 'bubble' (made out of machine shops) from the inside. Enemies will try to destroy the bubble. As the bubble is slowly destroyed, it will crumple in on itself, likeso:

If all bubble pieces die, the players will lose. Victory comes after defeating all enemy waves.

Players may buy various things to help defend at the shop, shown below:

The SCV is vital to winning, as it can repair damaged bubble walls at no cost. However, only one SCV is allowed per player. The dark archon is also a good support unit. It can maelstrom enemy units. Only one of these is allowed per player, as well.

Download

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Apr 28 2008, 9:53 pm by Impeached.

None.

Apr 28 2008, 9:14 pm Twitch Post #2

This is interesting after I get back on my xp partition I will try this out :).

Edit:ok I tried it with b.net pubbies and let me say this is just one great defense.One b.netter said it was dumb but,I bitched him out for being a noob lol.
Anyways yeah very fun.Although if you had a option to turn off the wavs that could be nice :)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 28 2008, 11:24 pm by Twitch.

None.

Apr 29 2008, 4:32 pm Impeached Post #3

Which sound did you find annoying? I like them both, but if most people find them annoying they may as well be taken out to save filesize.

And thanks for the positive input, btw.

None.

Apr 29 2008, 5:09 pm Twitch Post #4

I found the sounds fine it was just a suggestion.I myself am smart enough to just press cntrl s.Others go where the hell to turn the sound off....
That's all I am saying :).It was when the bubbles popped that they were getting grouchy.

None.

Apr 29 2008, 7:08 pm Impeached Post #5

OK, a sound toggling option can easily be added in future versions.

None.

May 1 2008, 12:09 am payne Post #6

:payne:

Ok, I played a nice 1 hour game :D
Here is my review:
http://www.staredit.net/?p=reviews&area=view&id=7

None.

May 1 2008, 5:03 pm Heegu Post #7

We used the burrow trick to get some of our units outside. I tried to go to the enemy spawn with my units but suddenly all my units died, including my beacon, buildings etc. Don't you think that's alitle harsh? Maybe just teleport them back.

None.

May 1 2008, 5:53 pm Impeached Post #8

I didn't even trigger that. :crazy:
Anyway, I thought burrow was disabled as well.

May update this if I find the motivation. :P

None.

May 1 2008, 6:11 pm payne Post #9

:payne:

That's gonna take 5 min, come on >.<

None.

May 1 2008, 7:24 pm Vi3t-X Post #10

And it has been edited: 2 Times.
Lastly: April 28.

Update plz.

None.

Options