Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: Great improvements in SCII
Great improvements in SCII
Apr 27 2008, 9:38 pm
By: KrayZee
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

May 18 2008, 8:04 pm InsolubleFluff Post #21

Hey you think you could get some screenshots and put them up??

None.

May 20 2008, 5:10 am Vi3t-X Post #22

Quote from KrayZee
Also, a missed improvement I didn't see were the Teams. Instead of Force 1, Force 2, Force 3, and Force 4 from StarCraft and how Teams 1 through 12 in WarCraft III, it's all sorted by Military Companies but by replacing the word company with Team. Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, Golf, Hotel, and etc. Doesn't matter what race you pick, all players sorted in teams that are named through NATO Phonetic Alphabet.
lol... what about zerg then?

Zerg "Infested Alpha 1"

None.

May 20 2008, 5:34 am KrayZee Post #23

Quote from name:Shocko
Hey you think you could get some screenshots and put them up??
Maybe.

Quote from Vi3t-X
Quote from KrayZee
Also, a missed improvement I didn't see were the Teams. Instead of Force 1, Force 2, Force 3, and Force 4 from StarCraft and how Teams 1 through 12 in WarCraft III, it's all sorted by Military Companies but by replacing the word company with Team. Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, Golf, Hotel, and etc. Doesn't matter what race you pick, all players sorted in teams that are named through NATO Phonetic Alphabet.
lol... what about zerg then?

Zerg "Infested Alpha 1"
Nope, sorry. You could in custom games (UMS will become a lost term in SC2) if you'd like.

None.

May 20 2008, 10:52 pm Vi3t-X Post #24

Use Map Settings was always ironic, because all games use the map's settings. It takes place on the terrain doesnt it? =P

None.

May 21 2008, 12:57 am KrayZee Post #25

Well, to keep it summarized, if you pick a map, you do not have to pick "Melee", "Free for All", "Top vs Bottom", "Use Map Settings" at all. Whatever is set in the map is what you play.

None.

May 21 2008, 1:40 am Atlos Post #26

So somebody could host a melee game and rig things for himself in the editor?

None.

May 21 2008, 2:29 am KrayZee Post #27

Yes, but only in custom games.

None.

Jun 11 2008, 1:25 am Zell. Post #28

im sure the new editor will be tits. WC3 editor was powerful, and endlessly useful even if triggers were different because of algebra or use of variables. is there a discussion or single thread about the SC2 editor??

None.

Jun 11 2008, 11:07 am MadZombie Post #29

idk but the more great features that come out the more i think Sc2 is gonna Crash and burn. I think thats a good thing do becuase like other people i shouldnt have my hopes up jsut incase the pull off a SC:G and delay it till the day after the end of time.

None.

Jun 11 2008, 1:35 pm mikelat Post #30

I'm just curious, is the maximum number of players in a game been finalized?

I read a while back that its still 8 players. Personally I think that's fine as long as long as we have the opportunity to make computer players (so you can have 8 human players plus whatever amount of computer players)

None.

Jun 11 2008, 1:42 pm KrayZee Post #31

There was a word from Blizzard about 18 maximum total player colors which is six more than WarCraft III's default colors, yet black represents Neutral. All that I know of, it should be at least twelve players if not exact.

None.

Jun 11 2008, 5:21 pm chuiu Post #32

Quote from name:Yoshi
I'm just curious, is the maximum number of players in a game been finalized?

I read a while back that its still 8 players. Personally I think that's fine as long as long as we have the opportunity to make computer players (so you can have 8 human players plus whatever amount of computer players)
Heck no, not 8. :( I got a couple map ideas that work with 10 players + computers. I even have some maps that would be cool with 20 people, though that would be hard to get a game with 20 players.

None.

Jun 11 2008, 5:53 pm Fierce Post #33

Hopefully they mean 8 for Melee and 12 for custom. I couldn't see a 6v6 melee working too well. 8 is still a lot for melee if you think about all the hectic situations with possibilities of everyone having a protoss mothership. Nukes, motherships, Thors, Queens, etc.. would make it very insane (fun, but would be terrible for ranked melee players)

None.

Jun 11 2008, 5:59 pm chuiu Post #34

Meh, anything over a 2v2 and melee is just dumb in my opinion.

None.

Jun 11 2008, 6:21 pm mikelat Post #35

In one of the old FAQs for SC2 they said it was currently 8 players.

Personally I would like 10 human players, and then the ability to toss in a few computer players on top of that.

None.

Jun 11 2008, 6:22 pm IskatuMesk Post #36

Lord of the Locker Room

For me, no Melee is complete without at least 7 other players fighting for survival. I get enough of small, competitive games watching OSL and the like.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Jun 11 2008, 8:33 pm Phobos Post #37

Are you sure about that?

I hope melee gets exciting (like, the ideas Yoshi and IskatuMesk added) since I want to get my fun from online games >=O

this is signature

Jun 11 2008, 10:18 pm KrayZee Post #38

Quote from Fierce
Hopefully they mean 8 for Melee and 12 for custom. I couldn't see a 6v6 melee working too well. 8 is still a lot for melee if you think about all the hectic situations with possibilities of everyone having a protoss mothership. Nukes, motherships, Thors, Queens, etc.. would make it very insane (fun, but would be terrible for ranked melee players)
Six on Six is fine. When somebody leaves, everybody in your team gets full shared control of that player along able to interact with your own units such as unload/enter dropships. Plus you see their resources beneath yours instead of clicking the Command Center/Supply Depot/Overlord/Nexus/Hatchery/Pylon. Multitasking will be vital to your success if somebody left the game. And those units controlled by the left player are still aggressive until all players in that team have left the game. As for hectic situations, you just need a lot amount of good team work.

Also like Blizzard stated, there ARE neutral buildings like WarCraft III seen in melee games. But these 'neutral buildings' are Xel'Naga structures that will remind you of the Xel'Naga's theme and color in the original StarCraft. I doubt you would hire some Xel'Naga mercenaries to work for you. I remember the "Independent Command Center" and "Independent Starport" in the original StarCraft to resemble players hiring mercenaries. Along with the neutral buildings such as "Jump Gate", "Mining Platform", "Cave", and the rest to help one player beat the other.

None.

Jun 12 2008, 2:48 am chuiu Post #39

Yeah, hiring mercenaries or using neutral shit of any sort needs to be removed from melee. Again this is stuff that fits perfectly into the mapping/rpg scene but strays from core RTS values.

None.

Jun 12 2008, 3:04 am Zell. Post #40

wc3 is 12 max human or comp, so i imagine it would be 12 or better. but who knows. o and chuiu 20 players prolly wouldnt be to hard, you can create endless units, import models, new abilities. SC2 DOTA FTW!

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum