Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Project Tarasque
Project Tarasque
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Sep 6 2007, 5:29 am
By: Fullmetal3K  

Sep 6 2007, 5:29 am Fullmetal3K Post #1

Project Tarasque
Games: 1 - Starcraft Universe RPG
Members: 1 - Fullmetal3K,Project Leader

Well if you want to help me, send me a message. Only few will be accepted, please tell me what you can do, or what you are good at. If terrain, give me a sample. If triggers, just tell me what types of games you create.

Watch the trailor if you want to join.

-Fullmetal3K

The channel will be in Home One. Realm will be USA West. Time N/A, for now.

Day 1: September 6

Fullmetal3K: Yes, I do have broodwar, but, I have friends who are only in starcraft. So if you want to join, you'll be limited to only starcraft stuff. You will need a good starcraft editor, i recommend Scm Draft 720, im using that one. Story: Well you saw the pansy guy, Derek Klimmian, well, they're in another planet right now, Jormungand(The cerebrate that the world players use, if you didnt know that. In the zerg campaigns, you're Jormungand) has invaded the new planet, Jim and Artanis has constructed basecamps in a location around the planet. Derek was carrying stolen information, Data Disk. The Data Disk has plans for a new weapon, Mengsk's weapon, his new Psi Emmiter. Lieutenant Klimmian had to take it to General Raynor, at all cost, even the cost of his men(Frodo, ring bearer). We the special Marines work for Klimmian and Raynor(Artanis is in his own base). Around fourteen "quests", yadadada, story progressing(in my head). Oh yeah, Tychus, hes that marine dude in the trailor for Sc2, "Hell it's about time".You know?... Kerrigan VS Zeratul and Raynor!!! I wish Fenix hadn't died... DEATH TO THE ZERG, FOR SPARTA!!! No i didn't mispell Torrasque. Tarasque is from a story, some old story, about a turtle-like beast thing that was killed, and the people felt guilty and stuff, yea... stuff... hmmmm... stuff... I got typos, I know that, DEAL WITH IT. So Any one want to join? People who commented? Map will begin on saturday or friday. I think I have might forgot some of the comments requests, I'll come back tommarow. I'll be here right now, signing on and off.

Edit: September 6

OH YEAH, ALMOST FORGOT, DON'T WATCH THE TRAILOR PLAIN NORMAL IN SC, WATCH IT IN BATTLE.NET, THERES LOTS OF GLITCHES IN NORMAL GAME, BY YOURSELF. :/. Thats why maybe someone said the music or song was off balanced. lol.

Attachments:
Trailer SCUniverse.scm
Hits: 12 Size: 855.1kb

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Sep 7 2007, 3:28 am by Fullmetal3K.

None.

Sep 6 2007, 12:37 pm Paravin. Post #2

Could you give us something about the story? :)

None.

Sep 6 2007, 1:01 pm darlingddm Post #3

855.10kb .......
so big !
music in map ?

None.

Sep 6 2007, 1:44 pm Moogle Post #4

Predator of Bed Chambers

The opening Trailer was alright. Just a little slow or off timing in some places. But, wouldn't you rather made it scx them scm? You do own brood war don't ya Fullmetal?

Anywoot, seems like be a ok project. I wish ya luck in it. Also need to post abit more info about map.

If all else fails, crowbar the fucker

Sep 6 2007, 3:11 pm Wing-of-no-Wing Post #5

Quote from Moogle
But, wouldn't you rather made it scx them scm? You do own brood war don't ya Fullmetal?

Considering that Brood War can run .scm files just fine, there's really no reason to make something .scx just for the sake of it. In fact, doing so makes the map unavailable to people without BroodWar; thus, if it's at all possible to make a map .scm instead of .scx, one ought to do so.

None.

Sep 6 2007, 5:37 pm Moogle Post #6

Predator of Bed Chambers

Quote from Wing-of-no-Wing
Quote from Moogle
But, wouldn't you rather made it scx them scm? You do own brood war don't ya Fullmetal?

Considering that Brood War can run .scm files just fine, there's really no reason to make something .scx just for the sake of it. In fact, doing so makes the map unavailable to people without BroodWar; thus, if it's at all possible to make a map .scm instead of .scx, one ought to do so.

Not saying this trailer should be in scx. But just wondering if final project of map will be in scx? or going to stay as scm? I may of not been clear about what I was about sorry.

If all else fails, crowbar the fucker

Options
  Back to forum