WinXP SP3
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Apr 20 2008, 5:23 am
By: Forsaken Archer  

Apr 29 2008, 6:35 am AfterLifeLochie Post #21

It had nothing to do with the fact that the computer was a Virtual Machine.
(We actually took an image and sent it to Microsoft, it was their boo-boo (they forgot to program code to fix the VMWare bug))

None.

May 10 2008, 5:39 pm Moose Post #22

We live in a society.

So, I went to install SP3 today. Windows Update downloads it all right, I tell it to install and go get some food.
I come back and see an error: "Access denied." The rest is something to the effect of "press OK to undo everything changed by the installation" (I don't remember the exact message) A retry button? Nope. Not at all. Just a big fat "wow, you wasted your time, loser".

After it undoes everything (though apparently it might not!), this is the end result:

An update that doesn't work and "may" break my operating system. Thanks Microsoft!

May 10 2008, 6:26 pm Twitch Post #23

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
So, I went to install SP3 today. Windows Update downloads it all right, I tell it to install and go get some food.
I come back and see an error: "Access denied." The rest is something to the effect of "press OK to undo everything changed by the installation" (I don't remember the exact message) A retry button? Nope. Not at all. Just a big fat "wow, you wasted your time, loser".

After it undoes everything (though apparently it might not!), this is the end result:

An update that doesn't work and "may" break my operating system. Thanks Microsoft!
I guess there plan with this SP was to make people change to vista?

None.

May 11 2008, 2:18 am Nintendo_Confed Post #24

I upgraded to SP3 just fine. Just download it from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5b33b5a8-5e76-401f-be08-1e1555d4f3d4&DisplayLang=en

None.

May 12 2008, 12:56 am Money Post #25

Quote from Twitch
Quote from Mini Moose 2707

I guess there plan with this SP was to make people change to vista?

Its because IE was open somewhere in the background. :D

None.

May 12 2008, 2:34 am Moose Post #26

We live in a society.

Not really the background. Windows Update cannot run within Firefox. Windows Update is the only thing that I ever use Internet Explorer for.

May 12 2008, 7:14 am AfterLifeLochie Post #27

Same here. My IE is stuffed, I played with the registry. It worked for 2 weeks, went lightning fast and loaded multiple images at the same time and then it just died...

None.

May 12 2008, 3:45 pm ClansAreForGays Post #28

Quote from name:Yoshi
What did it disable?
Nothing he's a chronic liar trying to sound smart.

May 13 2008, 1:16 am ~:Deathawk:~ Post #29

Just a heads up.

http://windizupdate.com/

Not that I've used it, but it's apparently capable of updating through a non-IE browser.

None.

May 13 2008, 4:08 am Falkoner Post #30

Firefox has an extension that allows you to view IE only pages :)

None.

Jul 3 2008, 4:03 pm Dark_Nokiemens Post #31

I have SP3, and it's not all that different from SP2. But, yes, FF does have an extensio to view IE only pages. You can get SP3 from Microsoft's website, and install it on your PC or Mac. (for protection against Lawyers, install over existing XP version.

None.

Options
  Back to forum