Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: A new DND DM map
A new DND DM map
Apr 6 2008, 8:21 pm
By: BlueFalcon  

Apr 6 2008, 8:21 pm BlueFalcon Post #1

It's been... way too long since someone has made one. People make rp maps all the time though...

Here is currently what I want in the map I'm working on... but I need some help with the hero spells. Also, any ideas you think should be added. If you come up with a hero spell, describe what it should do. E.g. describe what you want out of the triggers? I will not be useing vHP or anything crazy, so keep that in mind when coming up with spells. If you think the special ability upgrades that you get from say... the convert ops is good enough to count as a hero ability spell, say so. Problem with those is that when you lose a level, you can't lose the ability.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 DM's, 4 Players, 1 Town Computer, 1 Enemy Computer, Neutral

DM Abilities

Labeled Monsters, e.g. if they're a boss they'll have a (B), what level they're appropriate for, and anything else worth mentioning...

Heroes Ally Town (Switch)
DM Ally Town (Switch)
DM Ally/Vision Heroes (Switch)
Disable Skills (Switch)
Auto Gold (Switch)
Auto XP (Switch)
Auto Rez (Switch)
Auto SHop (switch)
Auto Smith (Switch)
HP 20
Invuln
Vuln
Door UP
Door Down
Warp Heroes
Center Screen on DM
Give Heroes/Town/Enemy
Take Heroes/Town/Enemy
Open / Close Doors
Find Spawner
Disable Units
Lights On
Lights Off
Heal Heros (MP/HP)
Timer +/- 1 or 5 min Pause Start

Have beacons for Effected Players:
P3 P4 P5 P6 P7 AND P8 P8= All
----Give Gold (Changeable amount, displayed with Minerals)
----Give XP (Changeable amount, displayed with minerals)
----Level Up
----Level Down

Place

Potion HP
Potion MP
Potion Revive
Gold
Weapon
Armor

Smith and Shop control:
Can set upgrade costs or potion costs or inn costs

Important Buildings:

Universal Inn
Universal Blacksmith
Universal Potion Shop
Universal Seer's Hut
Universal Castle

10 Teleports per DM =====Used for "Custom" teleports.
10 "Universal" Teleports" per DM. (Universal means it goes to a common point.)
CS Teleports. Heroes and DM need to be able to enter/leave own ship. May make the
Air To Air or transports units useful. Corsair, Valkrye, Devourer, Overlord, Dropship, and Shuttle. DM Will have to give heroes their CS.

Cast "Hero" spells on Hero (H) units they create. Can only have one hero of each type as a DM.

Custom Boss Spells (Centers on a Boss (B) unit and does it's effect.)

*Shifter (Randomly Teleports around on occasion, making hitting it difficult for heroes)
*Critical Hits (Randomly does 3x damage, Spawns 2 invulnerable copies of it's self???)
(Need more ideas?) Requires Computer to be not allied with them.
*Scarab Splash (Surrounds the boss with scarabs that randomly attack stuff) (Upgradeable damage!)
*???
*???

Hero Abilities (Need help here?)

7 Classes (5 Spells or Permanent abilities per class) (Stargate Casting System)
Mage - Tassadar
Warrior - Zealot
Priest - Medic
Thief - Kerrigan
1- Disable Traps
Ranger - Ghost
Paladin - Vulture
Druid - Hydralisk

Enter/Exit their CS. Heroes share a CS.
20 Levels
Purchase Potions

Minerals = Gold and Forced upgrades (When you upgrade your weapon, you get forced to upgrade it. Also, when you get a special ability like Zealot leg enhancements get forced to upgrade that.)
Gas = Mana

Players get those abilities, and is highly recommended that you ROLEPLAY for any others. Rogues won't be
able to pick doors unless the DM allows you too...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 1.0 will be mainly a template. The template will have all the requirements for a basic DND map. Heroes leveling, monsters, the Universal buildings, the 3 CS's for the DMs Players. That is all that will be done terrain wise. It's up to other people to make the terrain.
Version 2.0 will be whatever terrain I create, I'm not an awesome terrainer however.

Would adding an "Evolves Mini-Game" be worth it to keep the heroes mildly entertained while the dms construct?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

None.

Options
  Back to forum