Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Cloaking and Nuking with other units
Cloaking and Nuking with other units
Mar 25 2008, 1:50 am
By: Angrypoonani  

Mar 25 2008, 1:50 am Angrypoonani Post #1

o can you actually make a non spellcasting unit have energy and be able to use spells that use energy? I made Raynor a spellcaster and gave him a cloak/decloak button but when I tried to cloak him in game I continually got a 'not enough energy' error. The casting cost I set to 0 and Raynor showed around 60-70 Energy. Is it that personal cloaking is hardcoded and can't be used by noncloakable units? I made Raynor permanently cloaked afterward just to check if I could cloak him and I could. I also checked the script codes and compared raynor with a ghost and I couldn't see any discernible difference.

I was hoping that the BurrowInit code was going to be the key to the cloakability but it didn't seem to be when I compared the two.

Another question:
I gave Kerrigan the ability to nuke (as in I gave her the 'Nuclear Strike' button) and it seems to work except Kerrigan wont acknowledge the command when I tell her to nuke. What scripts, if any, do I need to add so another unit can nuke?

None.

Mar 25 2008, 2:00 am candle12345 Post #2

You can give any unit energy, it's in a lot of mods.
I don't know how though...

None.

Mar 25 2008, 2:42 am Angrypoonani Post #3

I know I can give unit energy but when I try to cloak the unit it gives me a 'not enough energy' error

None.

Mar 25 2008, 2:51 am FlyingHat Post #4

Cloak is only available to the units that originally have it (wraith, ghost, etc).
But there is a nice little EXE edit in FireGraft that lets you overcome that limitation (Tech > Self > Cloak).

None.

Mar 25 2008, 3:09 am Fyrinite Post #5

Nuking requires an iscript entry. Check out the normal ghost's script and find when it crouches. That's what you need in your unit. Also, the Orders.dat Requirements must be edited for the nuke to work.

None.

Mar 25 2008, 4:36 am Angrypoonani Post #6

Quote from FlyingHat
Cloak is only available to the units that originally have it (wraith, ghost, etc).
But there is a nice little EXE edit in FireGraft that lets you overcome that limitation (Tech > Self > Cloak).

hrmm... I enabled personal cloaking for all unit that do not already have it in teh EXE edit, gave Raynor the button, made him cloakable, and made him a spellcaster... but I still get the 'not enough energy' error message. The cloak is set at default energy consumption and Raynor starts with enough energy to cloak but I can't make him cloak.

I figured out the nuke problem: thanks Adun

None.

Mar 25 2008, 4:44 am Fyrinite Post #7

The exe edits for cloaking are extremely touchy. Double check to make sure you get all of them. And, in addition, the Requirements should also have been edited.

None.

Mar 25 2008, 5:23 am Angrypoonani Post #8

Quote from DiscipleOfAdun
The exe edits for cloaking are extremely touchy. Double check to make sure you get all of them. And, in addition, the Requirements should also have been edited.

I enabled personal cloaking for all units that do not originally have it and I added Raynor to the requirements but it won't work... I give for tonight. I attached images of what I've done if these things work and you can view them if you care to.

Could you give me a list of Req that must be fulfilled in order to make a unit cloak that does not originally have cloak?

Attachments:
1.jpg
Hits: 12 Size: 40.94kb
2.jpg
Hits: 6 Size: 30.61kb
3.jpg
Hits: 5 Size: 90.97kb
4.jpg
Hits: 6 Size: 98.25kb

None.

Mar 25 2008, 6:28 am Fyrinite Post #9

Okay, so it's not anything you're doing. It's the fact that I'm missing an exe edit or two. I didn't really test them all out from just FG, most of my testing was manual patches, which explains how I missed them.

None.

Mar 25 2008, 4:04 pm Angrypoonani Post #10

so as of the current version of FG I cannot cloak a non cloaking unit with a command? mmk works for me, I wasn't really going to add that to a mod I was just seeing if I could manage to do it. Thanks for the help!

None.

Options
  Back to forum