Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Pirate Wars
Pirate Wars
Mar 1 2008, 7:31 am
By: Ryan  

Mar 1 2008, 7:31 am Ryan Post #1

Story -
"A seven year continental war has been corrupting our economies. This war must end before it destroys us all, as I can already feel it decaying my spirit. Nearly eight thousand lives have been lost, eight thousand too many. I've got a trick up my sleeve, which may help turn the tables our way. Pirates. They're ruthless, violent, obnoxious. Perhaps one of my more, 'genius' plans.
- - - Am I wrong?"

Specs -
Size: 256x256
Tilset: Jungle World (of course)
Six players
Two computers

Demosthenes
Player 1
Player 2
Player 3

Computer 1

Lusitania
Player 4
Player 5
Player 6

Computer 2

Features -
Boarding / Unboarding of ships (the answer you've all been waiting for)
Gadgets (I'll go more in-depth with this when I have more time to think of ideas)
Recruitment (Recruiting more pirates n' such)
VHP for weapon changing
Possibly Mutiny
(more soon)

Gadgets -
Bomb
Displays a targeting cursor when activated. If pressed twice, the bomb will be thrown and detonated shortly after.
Whistler
Attracts guards as well as civilians towards the object. Does not attract pirates.
Attack Dog
Attacks enemy units. (Duh :P)
Puppet
Confuses enemies into thinking it's an enemy, causing them to attack it.
Rum?
Need more feedback.

Recruits -
Sword
The basic pirate. Trained in the art of swordsmanship, deals low damage, has high armor, but must be close enough to attack.
Bow
A fine marksman almost always hits his target. Deals decent damage and has medium armor profficiency.
Alchemist
An advanced pirate. Uses a concoction of varying chemicals to deal great damage, but must sacrifice his armor in order to carry all of his bottles.

How to play -
The players will be divided into two teams of three. Every player has their own Pirate Ship. Each side will have their own computer player, and a castle to defend. Whoever's side's castle is destroyed first, that team loses.
Both islands will have it's own Marketplace, to recruit pirates, buy gadgets, etc. This Marketplace may be destroyed, disabling the corresponding team's ability to recruit and shop.
On both sides of either island, there are Sea Docks which produce War Galleys. The War Galleys are sent to attack the other island. Think of a game like Aeon of Strife or DOTA. The Sea Docks are destructible.
On the middle sides of the map, there are two small neutral islands that produce Triremes, very strong attack ships which produce slowly. These islands are capturable.

Each individual player has a Dropship inventory for gadgets. These gadgets vary from bombs to even puppets.
Every player is capable of upgrading their weapons, armor, and tech abilities.
All players may buy items from the Marketplace.
Each player has their own interactable ship area, and can store up to three Sloops in which they use their own recruits to pilot.
Only the ship captain is cabable of sailing the Main Boat.

If a player is killed, he is allowed to watch, but only gains vision of his former team.
If one side's castle is destroyed, that team automatically loses.

Both islands have buildings, guards, and civilians. Remember, killing more means more money, so anything and everything goes.

Screenshots -

Progress -
Terrain, Doodads, Sprites, etc.:
Progress: 63%

Units, Units settings, upgrade settings, tech settings:
Progress: 6%

Triggering:
Progress: 0%

Total:
Progress: 41%

Post has been edited 13 time(s), last time on Mar 6 2008, 5:49 am by Anonymous.

None.

Mar 1 2008, 8:54 pm Moogle Post #2

Predator of Bed Chambers

I know ya still posting more info and all.

But was wondering if you could ram ships and board them so could be like a battle across two ships using crew?

Other than that I hope this map goes well because I love Pirates! Argh matey!

If all else fails, crowbar the fucker

Mar 1 2008, 8:57 pm FooFighters Post #3

Nice, i like the map concept even though there is not enough info on it yet... but i think it will be a good map of 2008... mixing in the charts of my remake RE Tag, or RP-Hell City, or United Video Game Arena, and many others

None.

Mar 2 2008, 8:13 pm Zell. Post #4

o you should take some concepts from pirate hunter (its an old game) very fun. you can DL a demo or PM me for mine.

None.

Mar 2 2008, 9:50 pm Shook1(ConFed) Post #5

Reminds me of Battleships from WC3...just try to post some more info b/c I think this map would be fun, so keep up the work and post some more screen shots when you can! :D

None.

Mar 2 2008, 9:55 pm Centreri Post #6

Relatively ancient and inactive

Is this a water-based ships game or a air based (spaceships) game? If the former, do you have a realistic boarding/unboarding system or anything?

None.

Mar 2 2008, 11:27 pm Ryan Post #7

Alright, some updates. Put a few features up, but still thinking of some.
And yes, there is indeed a boarding system. More screenshots and info by later tonight ^ ^;

None.

Mar 2 2008, 11:37 pm lil-Inferno Post #8

Just here for the pie

It sounds like Space Pirate War but without the Space :/ , and water replacing it.

Mar 2 2008, 11:52 pm FooFighters Post #9

I never played Space Pirate War but if your saying this, if must be true...
Hope this map is Awesome

None.

Mar 3 2008, 12:19 am Ryan Post #10

I thought in Space Pirate Wars you're working as one large team doing quests?
In my map there's two teams of three and the object is to kill each other.

I guess you could say it's somewhat of a mix between Space Pirate Wars and Town Wars :P

None.

Mar 3 2008, 12:49 am lil-Inferno Post #11

Just here for the pie

Quote from Anonymous
I thought in Space Pirate Wars you're working as one large team doing quests?
In my map there's two teams of three and the object is to kill each other.

I guess you could say it's somewhat of a mix between Space Pirate Wars and Town Wars :P
Ohh, I guess I didn't read the whole thing :} .

Mar 3 2008, 12:51 am Ryan Post #12

No, you probably did. I didn't mention the part about 2 teams fighting each other ^^;

None.

Mar 3 2008, 12:57 am lil-Inferno Post #13

Just here for the pie

What are the computers being used for?

Mar 3 2008, 1:20 am Ryan Post #14

The computers are being used mainly as cities.

None.

Mar 3 2008, 6:49 am Ryan Post #15

Got a couple new things in, variations of pirates, and gadgets n' such. Any ideas for gadgets would be appreciated. I probably have enough room for 1 more pirate as well.

None.

Mar 3 2008, 6:06 pm LoveLess Post #16

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Neutral Computers can be used for towns...

None.

Mar 4 2008, 2:30 am Ryan Post #17

I want the other team's computer to be capable of killing it's enemies. Both islands have guards which are controlled by the computer.
And no, I'm not giving the guards and civilians to the human players.

None.

Mar 4 2008, 9:07 pm Paravin. Post #18

Arrr mi maties! Are thar be rum in thay map?

None.

Mar 4 2008, 9:13 pm FooFighters Post #19

Rum healz ze... Arg anti-pirates mest die!

Idc about my spelling mistakes, i'm ze pirate!

None.

Mar 4 2008, 10:24 pm JordanN Post #20

Make sure to include a mutiny option.

None.

Options
  Back to forum