Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: Patch 2.0.4 and your map
Patch 2.0.4 and your map
Feb 20 2013, 10:15 pm
By: Ahli  

Feb 20 2013, 10:15 pm Ahli Post #1

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Triggers:
  • White dialog item labels, fixed
    The problem is that pre 2.0.4 every label uses the "White" color by default. Actions added before the patch still have the white setting while the label requires to use "Automatic" color to allow color changes within the label's text via color tags.

• Altering color of a dialog button and keeping color of the text

^ picture from rtschutter aka gameheart showing the appearance before and after patch
    Click on the + sign on the right to show info

• Override player's gameplay settings via "Override Player Option" trigger action. Renee wrote a bit more about it explaining it in detail.
    This allows you to force the player to not use simple command card or to forcefully enable the selection of enemy units.

• Moving units with triggers causes projectiles to not hit the unit anymore (similar to the teleport effect in data like stalker's blink). I didn't test a workaround, yet, but launching the unit or using force effects might help out.

• Stop all Trigger Sounds Bug
    click on + on the right to show info

• Apply Camera Object (Speed) is too fast, not fixed

UI:
  • Ahli's example map that shows how to hide the message log entries

• Black bar on the screen / World Console Bottom

• Moving the menu bar

• "UI: Anchor for side [...] not valid for [...]" errors ingame, not fixed

Data:
  • Morphed unit misses abilities and command card buttons ingame, not fixed

• Army units aren't selected with the new Select Army button on the UI
    Units need to fulfill 2 conditions:
    - "Army Select" flag needs to be checked
    - cost category needs to be set to "Army"

• Units share the same name and renaming doesn't help? look here

• Units die with low death animation after height changes

• Ahli's MouseHitZone to fix problems with the selection of units using unusual models or to add bigger selection areas for a unit

Battle net related:

Misc. Editor problems:

Other useful things:

Post has been edited 43 time(s), last time on Feb 22 2013, 7:53 pm by Ahli.

Feb 21 2013, 3:01 am payne Post #2

:payne:

So what did the patch do to the Dialog Item Labels exactly? I am not sure I saw any change on the map I am working on.

The patch however affected 2 spells from it: one of them doesn't work anymore at all (it was an "Augment" type Ability that made the unit charge the target), and the other one works only 90% of the time (which is weird and doesn't help finding the source of the problem).

None.

Feb 21 2013, 7:38 pm Bilxor Post #3

I also want to point out another bug. Adding a charge to an ability via a Modify Unit effect no longer works. A charge is no longer created.

None.

Feb 21 2013, 9:42 pm payne Post #4

:payne:

More precisions on the bugs:
1) The Augment Ability that uses the Attack ability as its base ability works when targeting units, but not structures.
2) The Effect-Target Ability that sends a projectile on the targeted unit will cast properly but will not affect the unit if it is being moved via triggers (precision: the Move trigger uses the BLEND option).

None.

Feb 21 2013, 11:26 pm Ahli Post #5

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from payne
More precisions on the bugs:
1) The Augment Ability that uses the Attack ability as its base ability works when targeting units, but not structures.
2) The Effect-Target Ability that sends a projectile on the targeted unit will cast properly but will not affect the unit if it is being moved via triggers (precision: the Move trigger uses the BLEND option).

2:
Got that in the list already. I have that problem myself... :D

1:
Zealot uses that and it is working fine for it. Try to find the difference that causes that in your code...

Feb 22 2013, 12:17 am Fen1kz Post #6

Quote from Ahli
Triggers:
[*] Moving the menu bar
The new menu bar uses an anchor frame to determine its position. But I have experienced problems when I tried to move it just 50 pixels upwards, so I had to find another solution.

Here is an example of the trigger actions required to move its position reliably:
Code
Trigger actions:
       Dialog - Hooks up an existing Panel in the standard UI called "UIContainer/FullscreenUpperContainer/MenuBarConsoleAnchor"
       Variable - Set HookedMenuBar = (Last created dialog item)
       Dialog - Move HookedMenuBar to (0, 324) relative to Bottom Right of dialog for (All players)

This converts a frame from the UI to a dialog item, in this case the panel that contains the menu bar.
You need to know that hooking up UI frames only works once in the game, so I strongly advised you to save the reference to that dialog item in a global variable to be able to edit it at any time during runtime.

i was able to move this by using this code: (anchors just taken from my map, ofc they can be anything)
Code
   <Frame type="Frame" name="GameUI/UIContainer/FullscreenUpperContainer/MenuBarConsoleAnchor">
       <Anchor side="Top" relative="$parent/$parent/ConsoleUIContainer/CommandPanelBorder" pos="Min" offset="43"/>
       <Anchor side="Left" relative="$parent/$parent/ConsoleUIContainer/CommandPanelBorder" pos="Max" offset="0"/>
       <Anchor side="Right" relative="$this" pos="Max" offset="0"/>
       <Anchor side="Bottom" relative="$this" pos="Max" offset="0"/>
   </Frame>

<Frame type="Frame" name="GameUI/UIContainer/FullscreenUpperContainer/MenuBarFullscreenAnchor">
       <Anchor side="Top" relative="$parent/$parent/ConsoleUIContainer/CommandPanelBorder" pos="Min" offset="43"/>
       <Anchor side="Left" relative="$parent/$parent/ConsoleUIContainer/CommandPanelBorder" pos="Max" offset="0"/>
       <Anchor side="Right" relative="$this" pos="Max" offset="0"/>
       <Anchor side="Bottom" relative="$this" pos="Max" offset="0"/>
   </Frame>

so basically all you need is to move 2 anchors instead of 1 menu

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Feb 22 2013, 1:32 am by Fen1kz.

None.

Feb 22 2013, 1:02 am Ahli Post #7

Oh, ok, Fen1kz.

I tried again and were able to move it around freely now... I have no idea what I did wrong the first time... =/

Code
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Desc>
  <Frame type="Frame" name="GameUI/UIContainer/FullscreenUpperContainer/MenuBarConsoleAnchor" file="GameUI">
       <Anchor side="Top" relative="$this" pos="Min" offset="0"/>
       <Anchor side="Left" relative="$this" pos="Min" offset="0"/>
       <Anchor side="Bottom" relative="$parent/$parent/$parent" pos="Max" offset="-600"/>
       <Anchor side="Right" relative="$parent/$parent/$parent" pos="Max" offset="-50"/>
  </Frame>
</Desc>

Thanks for making me try it again. :) I added this to the first post.

Oh, btw, does your code work without making the name include the path that you can see in my code?

Quote from Bilxor
I also want to point out another bug. Adding a charge to an ability via a Modify Unit effect no longer works. A charge is no longer created.
I don't see that option in the modify unit effect in data editor. I guess you mean the trigger action?
Code
       Unit - Add -3.0 charges used for charge Abil/Stimpack on ability Marine - Stimpack on unit Marine [60.48, 65.90]

That added 3 charges to my stimpack ability having 3 starting charges and max charges of 9... =/
So, I see no problem with it right now.

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Feb 22 2013, 1:36 am by Ahli.

Feb 22 2013, 1:36 am Fen1kz Post #8

Huh, nice catch, sorry, of course you should prepend it with "GameUI/UIContainer/FullscreenUpperContainer"..
Just copy/pasted it from my map, where i have outer frame, "We require more sleep..." yesss :D

Btw interesting mechanic - where is MenuBar attaches to it's anchors? Or maybe they've hardcoded that

None.

Options
  Back to forum