Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: Was it "illegal"?
Was it "illegal"?
Oct 13 2012, 5:09 pm
By: payne  

Oct 13 2012, 6:12 pm payne Post #21

:payne:

Quote from DevliN
CD key for SC2? Those don't really exist. :P
As far as I remember, I did have to enter a CD-Key when I installed the game. :O

None.

Oct 13 2012, 6:12 pm Ahli Post #22

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from payne
While we're at it, do you think I could ask them for my CD-Key? I can't install the game right now because I do not have this Key and there is no one back at home... Or would that be utterly suspicious? :P
If your account is accessible with your mail and your password again, you don't need the cd key.
I guess they won't tell you your cd key as it was only required for binding the sc2 license to your account. You can install and play it without knowing your key. At most you would need to tell them your key to unlock your account.
Especially I wouldn't ask for your own key when you want to recover your account.... :rolleyes:

Oct 13 2012, 6:15 pm DevliN Post #23

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from payne
Quote from DevliN
CD key for SC2? Those don't really exist. :P
As far as I remember, I did have to enter a CD-Key when I installed the game. :O
You entered a key to register SC2 on your Battle.net account. You don't need a key to install the game, though.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 13 2012, 6:16 pm payne Post #24

Quote from Ahli
Quote from payne
While we're at it, do you think I could ask them for my CD-Key? I can't install the game right now because I do not have this Key and there is no one back at home... Or would that be utterly suspicious? :P
If your account is accessible with your mail and your password again, you don't need the cd key.
I guess they won't tell you your cd key as it was only required for binding the sc2 license to your account. You can install and play it without knowing your key. At most you would need to tell them your key to unlock your account.
Especially I wouldn't ask for your own key when you want to recover your account.... :rolleyes:
I believe the last time I tried to download StarCraft 1 from my Battle.net account, I did have to get my CD-Key. I guess it's just not the same with SC2.

None.

Oct 13 2012, 6:19 pm DevliN Post #25

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

They changed a lot since SC1. Everything is about adding a game to your account since it all has to be played online.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 13 2012, 7:08 pm payne Post #26

Problem solved.
I had forgotten to try a certain combination when entering my name...

None.

Oct 13 2012, 8:08 pm Generalpie Post #27

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from DevliN
The authenticator is either a phone app or a small device that generates a code you have to type in when you log into your account. It adds extra security to it.

If it's still relevant, when you register an authenticator, you register the serial number of it, and Bnet then adds a field on the login screen for the authenticator key. When you press the cute little button, it uses the time and date as a seed and performs some flajoobity mathematical equation using the serial number, generating a key. After a while, the resulting key expires, but a simple press of the button repeats the process. Assuming the process is still the same, of course.

None.

Options
  Back to forum