Bad UI Design
SOMETHING STATUS GO
The new changes I'm making to TS2's UI will make it a lot better for people who have no idea what's going on. It's a weird fine line where we want it to be minimalistic so there isn't random crap in the way and yet things can't be too small/hidden for people who don't know certain things exist.
The point of minimalism is to make things simpler, not necessarily out and out of the way.
For TS I recommend switching the command card and information panel. Command card should have a more appealing interface with an obvious spell tree in the center, placing unit upgrades along with available research upgrades in the same area. on the left and mana/hp upgrades on the right. Also eliminate the need for research buildings at all.
Keep the information panel on the right side which can offer stats about a current player.
× ÷ ± · ∫ ƒ | ⅛ ¼ ⅓ ⅜ ½ ⅝ ⅔ ¾ ⅞ | π φ ∞ | ≡ ≈ ≥ ≤ ∴ ¬ ∩ Ø | √ ª ⁿ º ¹ ² ³ | ✓ ✗ | א
α β Γγ ∆∂ ε ζ η Θθ Ιι κ Λλ μ Ξξ Π ρ Σσς τ υ Φ Ψψ Ωω
Nothing yet! Almost done. Very powerful, very strong.
- we have 15 buttons available, first 5 of those are used by the default commands
- 15th button is hardcoded to be the cancel button for targetting modes
- hotkeys other than default have their static position and should be maintained (like QWERT for default commands)
- changing button positions/size per selected unit might be possible, but would add noticable delay of approx 250ms in real time. Might not work, with multiple units selected because we might not know which unit type has the current focus on via TAB.
- we have units like the probe that do not make use of a tree.
0 members in this topic (italic members are currently writing a reply): None
Lanthanide -- One of the developers clearly said "call of doody"
Fire_Kame -- so much
Fire_Kame -- there was so much opportunity