Staredit Network > Forums > Media, Art, and Literature > Topic: Creation, The Making of Big Projects
Creation, The Making of Big Projects
May 15 2012, 4:41 pm
By: IskatuMesk  

May 22 2012, 12:22 am CecilSunkure Post #21

Quote from IskatuMesk
I'm afraid I'd turn down any team invitations or commission offers from you, good sir. I don't do this for money. My apologies.
No apologies needed, I wasn't offering to work on a team with me or anyone else. But why not do things and also make money? I don't see a problem with doing what you enjoy while having what you enjoy help sustain itself financially.

None.

May 22 2012, 12:25 am IskatuMesk Post #22

Lord of the Locker Room

I only enjoy working for myself on my own dreams. And nothing I create will ever be worth anything, nor do I desire to go to the extent of monetizing it. My desires can change at the flip of a dime as can my ability to work. I live on disability, which is more than enough money I'll ever need.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

May 22 2012, 12:35 am The Starport Post #23

Quote from ClansAreForGays
I think your problem is:
- You can't summarize (your thinking, plans, stories, or anything)
- You're not exactly a narcissist, but you talk about yourself too much
- You're too negative/bitter

I genuinely think you should see a psychiatrist.
Fuck shrinks. Find someone you admire for qualities you lack and try modeling yourself after them, for a start.

Helps to know and accept what you lack, first.

None.

May 22 2012, 12:43 am TiKels Post #24

That's pretty damn good advice.

Edit: what happens when you meet someone with qualities that you wish to emulate, but they happen to work as a shrink?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 22 2012, 1:08 am by TiKels.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

May 22 2012, 1:52 am The Starport Post #25

You... become a shrink like them?

None.

May 22 2012, 2:09 am IskatuMesk Post #26

Lord of the Locker Room

I was actually on prescription drugs for like a year and a half.

Totally useless, the whole shebang.

I'll take Tux's advice over Canadian healthcare any day of the week.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Jun 20 2012, 12:12 am IskatuMesk Post #27

Lord of the Locker Room

Le bumpette.

I'm planning to put together some relatively simple video presentations (largely based on audio though) that'll go up on youtube. The videos will be part of an extended design "discussion" sort of deal, with each production running a target length of 30minutes to an hour, like the CC podcasts. Just like the podcasts, the discussions and such will be subject-oriented. One such video, that I've already casted, talks about the decisions behind choosing the music in Black Sun, my music design (for mods/maps/campaigns) in general, and stuff like that. I also plan to make one in regards to Aspirations, and how aspirations will effect projects, how you can find your aspirations, and ways to stay motivated overall (it's a tough subject for me to do myself, so it'll be tough for a video, too).

I'll present them in this thread when I have a bunch prepared, as they won't be public otherwise (they'll be unlisted). I'm interested to hear any serious suggestions for topics you'd like me to talk about. Voice acting? Sound engineering? Designing models? Or approaching mods at all? I'm open to suggestions, though I know most people here don't aspire for anything past terrain and triggers. I hope to open these subjects specifically to those kinds of people.

Jun 20 2012, 10:24 am Sand Wraith Post #28

she/her

Voice acting? Sound engineering?

these two

Although I figure I can't do any good voice acting. I can't hit low notes or high notes. I don't think I have the resonance or vocal structure necessary. I've been working at it for like 1-3 years now, still can't get a really gutsy low growl.

Jun 20 2012, 11:11 am Jack Post #29

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Sound engineering and model design sound most interesting to me. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head that I want to learn from you, other than non-modding related stuff like casting and codecs.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jun 20 2012, 8:34 pm IskatuMesk Post #30

Lord of the Locker Room

Quote from Sand Wraith
Voice acting? Sound engineering?

these two

Although I figure I can't do any good voice acting. I can't hit low notes or high notes. I don't think I have the resonance or vocal structure necessary. I've been working at it for like 1-3 years now, still can't get a really gutsy low growl.

Cool. I know exactly how to tackle this because I have the same problem.

Jack wants to learn about casting? I can probably do that, although I am no Artosis.

Jun 20 2012, 10:10 pm ClansAreForGays Post #31

I'm interested to see your aspirations and motivation video. Last time I checked I think I was banned from commenting on your stuff though. I never notice any negative criticism on your videos/channel so either everyone thinks your work is good, or you delete and block comments that say otherwise.

Jun 20 2012, 10:30 pm IskatuMesk Post #32

Lord of the Locker Room

If by banned you mean on youtube, I ban shit stirrers and bad trolls without even the slightest hesitation. If that included you, well, tough luck. There's plenty of critics I have not banned. But this isn't a democracy.

Jun 21 2012, 1:56 am ClansAreForGays Post #33

So.... the later.

Jun 21 2012, 2:04 am IskatuMesk Post #34

Lord of the Locker Room

*shrug* If you want to be upset about it, be upset. It is of no consequence to me. But if such is the case I doubt you'll find any value in any of the media I make. Sorry.

Jun 21 2012, 11:11 pm ClansAreForGays Post #35

You can't pull the "u mad" card on the numba1 stunna that invented it.

Options
  Back to forum