Staredit Network > Forums > Media, Art, and Literature > Topic: Script Frenzy 2012
Script Frenzy 2012
Mar 11 2012, 4:53 pm
By: Fire_Kame  

Mar 11 2012, 4:53 pm Fire_Kame Post #1

wth is starcraft

Script Frenzy is an international event where participants try to write a 100 page script over the course of the 30 days of April. If you've participated in NaNoWriMo before, its a lot like that - and is hosted by the same people.

You can write any script you want, sit com, drama, movie, made for tv movie, graphic novel, stage script...its all up to you. They have awesome resources on the website for good programs (I prefer Celtx) and formatting advice.

More information: http://www.scriptfrenzy.org/eng/whatisscriptfrenzy

Is anyone going to participate with me? :kame:

Mar 20 2012, 8:37 pm DevliN Post #2

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I'll participate. I'll start writing on day 1, and hope I'm motivated to actually finish.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 20 2012, 9:12 pm IskatuMesk Post #3

Lord of the Locker Room

I'll probably end up with twice that much for Apex, but I most certainly won't be releasing any of it.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Mar 20 2012, 9:13 pm Fire_Kame Post #4

wth is starcraft

You don't have to release it, in fact I don't think they have anyway to validate it except the honor system.

Mar 21 2012, 1:38 am DevliN Post #5

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Fire_Kame
You don't have to release it, in fact I don't think they have anyway to validate it except the honor system.
From what I've read, you upload something to verify it. But since the uploaded file isn't saved, you can replace every letter in the script with "A" or whatever, and upload that version since it just counts page numbers.

My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 21 2012, 2:14 am Fire_Kame Post #6

wth is starcraft

Ah, I knew they did that for NaNoWriMo, but I figured it was too subjective to do the page count thing in a validater.

Mar 21 2012, 5:16 am DevliN Post #7

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Oh, maybe that's what I'm thinking of.

EDIT:
Nope, it is Script Frenzy I was talking about.

My Overwatch addiction.

Options
  Back to forum