Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: STARCRAFT II - Questions from the Community
STARCRAFT II - Questions from the Community
Jan 25 2012, 7:49 pm
By: Ahli  

Jan 25 2012, 7:49 pm Ahli Post #1

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

STARCRAFT II - Questions from the Community
--- Melee Balance ---

Blizzard's Starcraft 2 balance designer David Kim published a new article which gives some thoughts about some potential balance issues brought up by the community.
You can read the article here.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 10 2012, 7:18 pm by Ahli.

Jan 27 2012, 5:10 am ClansAreForGays Post #2

I had no idea mass mutas vs toss was broken....

I'll believe it when I see the build order.

Jan 27 2012, 2:16 pm Ahli Post #3

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from ClansAreForGays

Sentries + Guardian Shield + Stalker OR psi storm OR Archon (without magic box usage by mutalisks)

I don't think that it is totally broken. There is no real super strong counter, but that seems fine.

Jan 27 2012, 11:17 pm ClansAreForGays Post #4

Maybe it's one of those things that doesn't make sense on paper, but work out some how. I mean, the opponent literally has to go zealot+sentries, and not make any cannons for this to be good....

Testing now.

Jan 28 2012, 12:09 am NudeRaider Post #5

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

and not make any cannons for this to be good....
Cannons are not effective at stopping a muta ball.

Jan 28 2012, 1:56 am ClansAreForGays Post #6

Only had 2 games where I did it right. I must say I'm impressed. It's not so much that it's better than typical roach stuff, just that it requires way less skill. It's so easy to do, and I must say I'm luvin it.

Jan 29 2012, 2:25 am FatalException Post #7

Quote from Ahli

Sentries + Guardian Shield + Stalker OR psi storm OR Archon (without magic box usage by mutalisks)

I don't think that it is totally broken. There is no real super strong counter, but that seems fine.
Mutas can dodge psi storm, easily outrun archons and sentries, and overcome stalkers and phoenixes with splash damage. It's not as easy as it sounds for protoss to fight mass muta.

None.

Jan 29 2012, 2:51 am ClansAreForGays Post #8

they cant overcome pheonix

Jan 31 2012, 4:12 am FatalException Post #9

They can't overcome phoenixes if either the protoss way overbuilds phoenixes, or if the zerg never manages to catch the phoenixes, but if the protoss only makes a reasonable number of phoenixes (say, off of 2 stargates on 2-3 bases), they don't stand a chance. If the protoss makes too many phoenixes, the zerg can pull a quick tech switch into roaches or something and the protoss player automatically loses because they don't have things that kill ground. If the protoss player doesn't make enough phoenixes, they'll either lose all of them or let the mutas do too much econ damage.

None.

Options
  Back to forum