Staredit Network > Forums > Media, Art, and Literature > Topic: Original Hiphop
Original Hiphop
Dec 1 2011, 10:52 pm
By: BiOAtK
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Jan 16 2012, 3:18 pm Bar Refaeli Post #21

Quote from Lanthanide
Quote from BiOAtK
Obviously the "100 grand" shit isn't true, but the other stuff is true. LIEK NOT TRYNA BRAG LUL
This is why rap and hip-hop is shit. It's just idiots talking about how rich / famous they are and how they use drugs all the time. Wow, good for you.

Although I'll have to say that Eminem's lyrics are generally a lot more complex and he has very clever rhymes that often exploit the melody of his backing music.
If you are listening to shit like lil Wayne then sure but you clearly arent listening to the good rappers if you think eminem is the only one who does that kind of stuff.

None.

Jan 17 2012, 1:26 am Bar Refaeli Post #22

Yea this is nice, really liking the slow down. All your tones are like "I'm chill you can't touch me" but you should try like "MUTHA FUCKA YOU CAN'T TOUCH ME."

Even though everybody does it, rapping over Kids is just still too nice.

None.

Jan 17 2012, 1:38 am Lanthanide Post #23

Quote from name:Raccoon
Quote from Lanthanide
Quote from BiOAtK
Obviously the "100 grand" shit isn't true, but the other stuff is true. LIEK NOT TRYNA BRAG LUL
This is why rap and hip-hop is shit. It's just idiots talking about how rich / famous they are and how they use drugs all the time. Wow, good for you.

Although I'll have to say that Eminem's lyrics are generally a lot more complex and he has very clever rhymes that often exploit the melody of his backing music.
If you are listening to shit like lil Wayne then sure but you clearly arent listening to the good rappers if you think eminem is the only one who does that kind of stuff.
I don't listen to any rap out of choice. The only stuff I hear is the stuff on the radio, and that's what it is. The fact that it's on the radio means it's popular and so worthy of critical judgement. Eminem is the only rapper who I have heard that consistently has interesting lyrics and displays huge amounts of talent.

None.

Jan 17 2012, 1:42 am BiOAtK Post #24

Quote from Lanthanide
Quote from Lanthanide
Quote from BiOAtK

I don't listen to any rap out of choice. The only stuff I hear is the stuff on the radio, and that's what it is. The fact that it's on the radio means it's popular and so worthy of critical judgement. Eminem is the only rapper who I have heard that consistently has interesting lyrics and displays huge amounts of talent.
This is such a terribly flawed argument I'm not even going to say anything.

None.

Jan 17 2012, 1:50 am Bar Refaeli Post #25

Quote from Lanthanide
Then you made a horrible generalization calling all hip-hop/rap bad.

None.

Jan 17 2012, 2:30 am Lanthanide Post #26

Quote from Lanthanide
Then you made a horrible generalization calling all hip-hop/rap bad.
I didn't call "all" hip-hop/rap bad, because I clearly excepted Eminem from that. I also don't think it is necessarily that "horrible" of a generalisation, if in fact the most popular expressions of that art form do fit my example of what I object to in rap music.

None.

Jan 17 2012, 2:46 am BiOAtK Post #27

Quote from Lanthanide
rap and hip-hop is shit.
Quote from Lanthanide
I didn't call "all" hip-hop/rap bad

None.

Jan 17 2012, 3:01 am Lanthanide Post #28

Bioatk, if you'd actually like to argue something, then argue something, don't just act like my opinion is so worthless you don't even have to bother refuting it.

If you bothered to read the rest of my sentence, I said "because I clearly excepted Eminem from that".

None.

Jan 17 2012, 3:07 am Bar Refaeli Post #29

Quote from Lanthanide
Bioatk, if you'd actually like to argue something, then argue something, don't just act like my opinion is so worthless you don't even have to bother refuting it.

If you bothered to read the rest of my sentence, I said "because I clearly excepted Eminem from that".
I go out of my way to get into fights with people like you IRL.

None.

Jan 17 2012, 3:19 am BiOAtK Post #30

I'm just saying if you think em is the only good rapper then you're retarded. Plus he ALWAYS talks about drugs. Have you ever listened to relapse?! Yes, I know it's about addiction, but a lot of it is bragging about going through a bunch of shit...

None.

Jan 17 2012, 11:50 am Jack Post #31

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Fort Minor and Lupe Fiasco are fairly popular rappers who often do stuff that's less of the "drugs girls money guns" raps, and more serious or even just different raps. Eminem's not really that much different from the mainstream crowd with most of his stuff.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Feb 11 2012, 12:33 am BiOAtK Post #32

http://soundcloud.com/greenhead/worst-comes-to-worst
New stuff. What cha think?

None.

Feb 11 2012, 7:11 am ClansAreForGays Post #33

Quote from Lanthanide

lol.

Also, the point isn't whether most rap is all about "I get mad money/bitches yoyoyoyoyo" It's that Bioatk is actually clearly doing it. Thus his rap is crap.

Feb 11 2012, 6:17 pm BiOAtK Post #34

Why do you keep posting in this thread?

None.

Feb 11 2012, 7:57 pm Lanthanide Post #35

He's giving you feedback on your music, like you asked. If you only wanted positive feedback, you should have specified that.

None.

Feb 11 2012, 9:11 pm ClansAreForGays Post #36

Quote from BiOAtK
Why do you keep avoiding the question? Why do you inject tired old stereotypes into your rhymes? Rap (and really any music) is only good when it's brutally honest. If you aren't a pimp daddy millionare, don't pose like one. People have gotten incredibly successful, even in rap, talking about their real every day life - playing video games and hating everyone at school.

Feb 11 2012, 10:00 pm BiOAtK Post #37

I don't recall ever posing as a "pimp daddy millionare." Talking about weed is not posing as a "pimp daddy millionare." And yes, I understand that I need to diversify. I'm just starting. Writing, like any artistic skill, requires practice. I'm practicing and experimenting with different rhyme schemes and flows. I'm working on these techniques before I begin to diversify my writing. When I posted a song about "everyday life", you ignored it. It's down now, because I need to rerecord and remix it, but still, you just jump on any song that has any reference to marijuana and claim it's "posing." If you actually listened to Worst Comes To Worst, you'll hear it actually is about a girl I used to date, and a kid at my school who thinks he's ghetto. You wanna hear bad rap that poses? Listen to him, Christ. Youtube TDMK, it's awful.

EDIT:
Look at it this way. If you start painting, do you want to paint the girl you love? No, you wouldn't do it justice. I don't want to rap about what I really want to yet, because with my skills so far, I wouldn't be able to do it justice.

EDIT2:
Also:

Quote from ClansAreForGays
I hate everything about this.
Quote from BiOAtK
Why do you keep avoiding the question? Why do you inject tired old stereotypes into your rhymes? Rap (and really any music) is only good when it's brutally honest. If you aren't a pimp daddy millionare, don't pose like one. People have gotten incredibly successful, even in rap, talking about their real every day life - playing video games and hating everyone at school.

These are your three posts. Not a single one is actually constructive. You never even asked a question I was "avoiding"... Just saiyan.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 11 2012, 10:48 pm by BiOAtK.

None.

Feb 12 2012, 5:52 am MadZombie Post #38

We should have a rap battle in this thread

None.

Feb 12 2012, 6:21 am BiOAtK Post #39

AWWW SHITTTTTTT
WE BOUT TO BREAK IT DOWN MAYNE
KAY KAY THIS MY BEAT DOEEEE...
LEGGO

YO
YO
C. A. F. G.
AINT NO EFFING G
HE RUNS AWAY LIKE A BEE
OR A KID WHEN THEY SEE
THE BEE AND THEY RUN, SEE?
YEAH, THEY ALMOST PEE
CUZ C. A. F. G.
SWAG
PEACE

I apologize, I'm pretty stoned and it's past midnight.

None.

Feb 12 2012, 9:22 pm Lanthanide Post #40

Quote from BiOAtK
I apologize, I'm pretty stoned and it's past midnight.
Living the gangsta lifestyle, I see.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum