Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Pain in the Butt problem connecting to Bnet
Pain in the Butt problem connecting to Bnet
Nov 6 2011, 2:29 am
By: sharf  

Nov 6 2011, 2:29 am sharf Post #1

So, I decided to install and startup Broodwar for the first time in ages. Installed and ran without a hitch. Connecting to battle.net is a different story though...

All my ports are forwarded on my router, and my firewall isn't blocking it. However whenever I connect it still tells me my computer isn't working on UDP 6112.

This was all a little strange to me as it should be working just fine. Suspecting it might just be my school blocking 6112, I loaded up warcraft III and it works perfectly on bnet.

So this is where things get interesting, I booted up wireshark to watch what was happening, and there is no traffic on UDP on 6112 anywhere, there isn't any communication from starcraft at all.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, sharf.

None.

Nov 7 2011, 11:02 pm iCCup.xboi209 Post #2

Well in order to actually tell if the router is the root cause of the problem, connect your computer to your modem instead for a minute and see if Starcraft works.

Nov 8 2011, 1:18 am sharf Post #3

Been over a bunch of posibilities in the shoutbox. It's not the router, tried the DMZ, as well as opening any number of ports possible. Without changing any settings, I can try to connect, when it fails, disconnect and try again, to sometimes have it work randomly. I think it's just my school blocking it, which is weird because WoW and WC3 work on my friend's computers....and one of those friends is going through the same router as mine.

None.

Nov 9 2011, 12:00 am iCCup.xboi209 Post #4

Then there's something on your computer blocking Starcraft or maybe your friend has a better connection.

Nov 23 2011, 5:06 am DavidJCobb Post #5

Did you turn off forwarding before trying DMZ? Having both at the same time prevents either from working.

None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[06:06 am]
NudeRaider -- KrayZee
KrayZee shouted: Voyager7456 Somehow I misread your shout. "Glad I can entertain you in Nude" as if you sent a racy photo, video or something.
nah, he just made a comment that had us laughing very hard.
[06:02 am]
NudeRaider -- Zoan
Zoan shouted: sraw531 you can’t move buildings afaik
yes you can.
[2019-10-16. : 10:03 pm]
Dem0n -- no
[2019-10-16. : 8:26 pm]
GGmano -- Is here a forum only for temple siege?
[2019-10-16. : 4:20 pm]
KrayZee -- Voyager7456
Voyager7456 shouted: Glad I can entertain you Nude
Somehow I misread your shout. "Glad I can entertain you in Nude" as if you sent a racy photo, video or something.
[2019-10-16. : 2:26 pm]
martosss -- Moose
Moose shouted: martosss IIRC, the plan was to go 64-bit only eventually so they're interested in differences between the versions
well I might have found 1 bug for them to fix - some maps load on 32 bit, but not on 64 bit game version
[2019-10-16. : 2:19 pm]
Zoan -- sraw531
sraw531 shouted: I'm pretty sure you would move the building away at some point. When you do so, you can give it to someone else. I was thinking nexi because its possible you could encourage the computer to expand to a specific spot
you can’t move buildings afaik
[2019-10-16. : 10:10 am]
Moose -- martosss
martosss shouted: jjf28 OK, I have 1 more question - are you using 32 bit SC:R or 64 bit ? In game settings there's an option to switch to 32, is it checked? I just tried hosting the map with 64-bit SC:R and it failed... I ticked the option to use 32 bit SC:R => it worked and map was hosted. So I guess the issue still exists for 64 bit SC:R ? I also tried calling a friend and he couldn't see the map when he entered the lobby. Weird, I might have to report this to Blizzard?
IIRC, the plan was to go 64-bit only eventually so they're interested in differences between the versions
[2019-10-16. : 5:27 am]
O)FaRTy1billion[MM] -- or a magic box :(
[2019-10-16. : 3:31 am]
martosss -- FaRTy1billion
FaRTy1billion shouted: how about 5 minerals
you can't even get a scarab with those!
Please log in to shout.

Members Online: Roy, ivyhux, RIVE