Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Warp In Zerg Units
Warp In Zerg Units
Oct 17 2011, 11:56 pm
By: playpong  

Oct 17 2011, 11:56 pm playpong Post #1

Hi, I'm having a hard time finding someone to help me out and explain this to me in a little detail...

I'm warping a roach in from a warpgate. I have that all set up, it was pretty straight forward. It works. But what I can't figure out is how to get the warp in animation to play on the roach while he's warping in.

I know that each protoss unit has it's own model (or own specific animation for warping in) but there is a blank warpIn animation with no unit as well... and if possible, I would like to use that. The animation i believe is called protossunitbirth

If I can't just have it ontop of the roach, I would gladly just settle for having that animation show inplace of the roach model until it's finished warping in...

I have the roach set to warpable, and I've added ProtossUnitBirth to it's Model... which were both previously suggested to me. However, the roach still doesn't have any effect on it.

Any suggestions? I don't know my way around the Data Editor TOO much - so something other than a 5 letter reply would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

None.

Apr 9 2012, 8:40 pm bulletbutter Post #2

The model for warpin is under Model(Build) of the units actor. Since only protoss have a warpin model you will need to use one of those. StalkerWarpIn is the name of a decent model. Just put that in the Model(Build) of the zerg units actor. I do that in one of my projects and it looks fine. However, the build time of the zerg unit you use will effect how long the warpin animation plays. 2 seconds is great for a basic warpin.

None.

Options
  Back to forum