Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Need help figuring out unknowns
Need help figuring out unknowns
May 14 2011, 12:41 am
By: iCCup.xboi209  

May 18 2011, 9:04 pm iCCup.xboi209 Post #21

I have a quadcore system so multi-threading is gonna help a lot :D

None.

May 19 2011, 3:10 am Heinermann Post #22

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

I edited my last post with the time it took for a 9-character brute force between "cmmr" and "difficulty".

Right now the number of cores used is based on the number of threads created, and the number of threads depends on the difference between the first character in the two hints.
So for example, "cmmr" and "difficulty" have only 2 characters (first) to iterate, which is c and d, meaning only two cores will be used for this scenario.

If you have for example the hints being "number" and "redlag", then it will use as many cores as available for n, o, p, q, and r (up to 5 cores can be used in this scenario). If you have less cores than that, then the work will be split among the threads. The last thread will do both q and r in this case.

On my dual core system, one the first thread would do n, o, and the second would do p, q, and r.

It currently only brute forces the range "A-Z" and is hardcoded to only brute up to 8 characters. I'll have to add options later.
It has a few optimizations but not nearly as many as I was hoping for.

EDIT: I just realized I accidently typed tha 5h one in wrong. So it actually did everything between difficulty and zzzzzzzz against an invalid hash. >.>
NOTE: Also probably extremely buggy

EDIT2: Removed download; need to fix some things.

To make up for it, here's another name: "glue\battle.net\icons\dealie.pcx"

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on May 19 2011, 3:29 am by Heinermann.

May 19 2011, 3:28 am iCCup.xboi209 Post #23

:0 you just removed the dl right when I looked at your post, what a ninja
Oh I already found dealie, im kinda behind on killing the unknowns though

None.

May 19 2011, 3:44 am Heinermann Post #24

Ok, here it is again.
Hardcoded to 8 characters max.
Readme included since it's a very unorthodox interface.

[attach=7798]

Ugly source code included. It'll make your eyes bleed so don't look at it.

Attachments:
MPQHashForce.zip
Hits: 10 Size: 50.23kb

May 19 2011, 3:48 am iCCup.xboi209 Post #25

"Hell, its about time" -Tychus Findlay

None.

May 19 2011, 3:52 am iCCup.xboi209 Post #26

Whats with the shortcut the command prompt? What exactly is mpqhashforce.exe is supposed to open when you try to open it? I'm on Vista and without running as admin, I get an error message but when I run it as admin, nothing happens
EDIT: 64 bit btw(if that was needed)

None.

May 19 2011, 4:29 pm Heinermann Post #27

It's a console application. You must run it in the commandline. Reason it does "nothing" is because windows closes the command line immediately when an app is finished running.

May 19 2011, 9:42 pm iCCup.xboi209 Post #28

How exactly do you run this then, I feel like a total idiot now :><:

None.

May 20 2011, 4:32 am Heinermann Post #29

Start -> Run... -> "cmd" -> OK
Then navigate to the correct folder and run the proggy.

Options
  Back to forum