Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: PEEPMODE: Melee Spectator Maps
PEEPMODE: Melee Spectator Maps
May 11 2011, 11:28 pm
By: Icculus  

May 11 2011, 11:28 pm Icculus Post #1

PeepMode: Ultra spectator maps. Now implemented in Shattered Temple, Red Stone Gulch, and New Antioch. Builds on features of the popular observer maps by Slime and ICJug. Thanks to both for inspiration.

CURRENT FEATURES:
- 14 players
- 2v2, 1v1, and FFA
- Graphical team selection
- Declare your league (optional)
- Cinematic observer mode (up to full-screen)
- Auto Cam follows the action
- Cinematic chat, silent chat, other chat options
- Betting system
- Live stats with helpful coloring
- Detailed event log with filtering
- Sortable leaderboard
- Unlockable avatars
- Voting and personal options
- Detailed Help system

Planned features for future updates:
- Cross-map stats/ranking
- Store (to buy things with Credits earned)
- Observer pranks/effects

None.

May 11 2011, 11:42 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

That looks fantastic!

May 13 2011, 7:53 pm Alzarath Post #3

Praetor

*Generic hate comment towards SC2Mapster*

But seriously, that does look very nice, lots of features in there.

None.

May 13 2011, 9:34 pm NicholasBeige Post #4

May I suggest something that I've suggested countless times on the Starcraft 2 boards?

When a structure is 'under construction', add a floating text that clearly displays whether or not the structure was 'Killed', or 'Cancelled'.

Also, tint Terran Scanner Sweeps so they represent the player who did the scan.

Looks good though, and hopefully my ingenious suggestions will entice you to come back to this squalid corner of the interwebs. :3

None.

May 13 2011, 9:42 pm Icculus Post #5

Quote from name:Cardinal
When a structure is 'under construction', add a floating text that clearly displays whether or not the structure was 'Killed', or 'Cancelled'.

Those are both interesting ideas. However, I am reluctant to make these changes until Blizzard implements similar features in standard melee play. I want these melee maps to behave as closely as possible to true melee matches. Even when those rules are lame....

I'll keep these on my ideas list...maybe I'll convince myself that they are a good idea later :)

None.

May 16 2011, 1:43 pm NicholasBeige Post #6

Quote from Icculus
Quote from name:Cardinal

Those are both interesting ideas. However, I am reluctant to make these changes until Blizzard implements similar features in standard melee play. I want these melee maps to behave as closely as possible to true melee matches. Even when those rules are lame....

I'll keep these on my ideas list...maybe I'll convince myself that they are a good idea later :)
The reason I suggested them was because they will take minutes to implement. And will immediately make your maps better for watching replays on. I am aware yours is more of a real-time spectator type of thing, but tinted scans and floating text will still appear in replays also.

None.

May 24 2011, 3:08 am Icculus Post #7

I'm actually not sure how to implement a tinted scan. The floating text wouldn't take a long time but you'd need a timer for each one and trigger event lists don't allow for dynamic timers (like from an array), so cleaning up all that floating text would take some time.

Based on your post I'm guessing you have basically no experience in the editor and you're asking for features that you have no idea about implementing. If that's not the case, please email a map to peepmode@gmail.com. Thanks.

None.

Options
  Back to forum