Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: Blizzard Customs Release
Blizzard Customs Release
Jan 26 2011, 5:52 am
By: payne  

Jan 26 2011, 5:52 am payne Post #1

:payne:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/2058906#blog

Blizzard recently released Aiur Chef, StarJeweled, and Left 2 Die.

The discussion around this is pretty simple:

1) Should they have taken the FEATURED maps' spot to advertise their own maps knowing this feature was there to help promote unknown jewels from the map-making community while they could have easily just used their News Feed to advertise their own map?
2) Do you think the maps are good?

I personally think they shouldn't have taken for themselves this spot reserved to help map-makers promote their maps.
Also, Aiur Chef fails but has a really great UI.
StarJeweled was fun. I'd see myself playing it a few times.
I haven't tried Left 2 Die, but I've heard it is lacking a decent difficulty.

None.

Jan 26 2011, 8:23 am Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

I posted a news post about this but no one enabled it yet :(

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jan 26 2011, 1:23 pm Ahli Post #3

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

If you can download the map files, please upload them for the rest of the world, pls. :)

Jan 26 2011, 1:57 pm NicholasBeige Post #4

@Ahli - SC2Mapster already has them uploaded: download them from here

:)

None.

Jan 26 2011, 2:06 pm Ahli Post #5

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

yeah I saw it.

To install the files properly, the mod files have to be moved into the Mods directory of your SC2 installation.

I've played starjeweled & left2die and both lag on my computer... :X

Jan 26 2011, 2:17 pm NicholasBeige Post #6

Do you think your lag issues are SC2 related or hardware related? I havn't noticed any difference in custom game-play between 1.13 and 1.2

None.

Jan 26 2011, 2:52 pm payne Post #7

Playing online while your editor is open might make the game lag. Could it be it?

None.

Jan 26 2011, 3:11 pm NicholasBeige Post #8

Quote from payne
Playing online while your editor is open might make the game lag. Could it be it?

Only if your computer is built at the bare minimum specifications to run Starcraft 2. When you hit Ctrl+F9 or click 'Run Map' it effectively compiles all the information from the editor and runs the SC2 engine - and puts the editor into a sort of dormancy - since you can't really edit a map in real time with the game running it.

None.

Jan 26 2011, 3:42 pm payne Post #9

Quote from name:Cardinal
Quote from payne

Only if your computer is built at the bare minimum specifications to run Starcraft 2. When you hit Ctrl+F9 or click 'Run Map' it effectively compiles all the information from the editor and runs the SC2 engine - and puts the editor into a sort of dormancy - since you can't really edit a map in real time with the game running it.
I'm talking about -online- here.

None.

Jan 26 2011, 7:52 pm Ahli Post #10

I'm just experiencing my "normal" lag whenever a unit is attacked...
Nothing special, just makes the left2die map unplayable for me because I couldn't stand the freezes anymore.
If the mouse wouldn't lag, too, I could call it turn based real time strategy...

Btw, Blizzard brings the maps to EU tonight, if they won't experience unforeseen problems.
Yeah, I could play them online bringing doom to everyone playing with me :D

edit:
btw, my problem isn't related to win7. It still exists on when using my winXP installation on this machine.

Options
  Back to forum