Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Nuke Wars
Nuke Wars
Jan 24 2011, 4:55 am
By: XeNoa23  

Jan 24 2011, 4:55 am XeNoa23 Post #1

Crappy Storyline:

So there was a fight in the bar the other night on Tarsonis. The epilogue: A bunch of pissed off ghosts.

So, the start of the story goes a bit like this. Screw you reap the whirl wind...you call down the thunder yada yada...

Breakdown:

The game will have a small arena consisting entirely of gun traps. The players will be on fog of war so that you cannot see the blur of enemy ghosts.

The players will have a time limit in between nukes so that they have a vulnerability(more of these are in the process of me thinking up). So, there will be a fog of war, and based on your kill score you can obtain a special: which would be allied and unallied vision for a short period of time. This allows you to see other ghosts in vulnerability mode.

So, I realize that you can both hear and see a nuclear launch. But the game will have ways to pin-point an enemy as listed above. If you have any suggestions on this please feel free to post them here. I would also like to add lives as a key component. Almost everything will have to be trigger based here. The main goal is making ways to pin-point your enemies ghost. Otherwise it's kind of a hide and seek. This is not Nuke the Whales, as I have thought of a more experienced game idea.

Current Stats:

Nuke Stats: Nuclear silo automatically produces nukes.

Ghost Stats: Dies in one hit but revives at one of many random locations.

Spell Stats: Gives vision for an undisclosed amount of time as of yet.

Nuke Deadline: 10 Seconds but will be edited after testing.

Nuke Tileset: Tileset is Installation

Nukers: 6

My reason for such a simple idea:

I am trying to think old school style here. Similar to early games like Tetris but with a great idea and a great character!

This means the game-play has to be fun and addicting. A desire to get better at what you're doing and to win driven by fun!

Picture Pending, give me a few mins.

Attachments:
preview.jpg
Hits: 10 Size: 166.29kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 24 2011, 5:01 am by XeNoa23.

None.

Options
  Back to forum