Yahtzee!
Dec 1 2010, 3:58 am
By: Newb  

Dec 1 2010, 3:58 am Newb Post #1

Yep, still haven't finished it because I figure out what is wrong with the game. For some reason, after the first turn or two the game stops recognizing the dice numbers and fails. I've checked numerous times through EVERY trigger and couldn't find the problem. If someone wants to look, feel free too, otherwise it probably won't ever become finished. :'(

Also, I can't seem to get a picture uploaded of the map cause imageshack says it's too big.

EDIT: Map posted in 3rd post

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 1 2010, 10:32 pm by Newb.

None.

Dec 1 2010, 4:50 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

First of all, there are some labels needed or more descriptions like "move civilian up to save the selected dice".

What are the medics for? I've no clue.

What are the Arbiters for? I guess they are just there to avoid carriers movement... Give them to p12/neutral then or move the location where they are moved to outside the map since you are not using 256x256 of the possible map space.

There is still a trigger for p9, it does nothing since p9 can't run triggers, so this trigger isn't necessary. I guess it's there for testing purpose to quickly enable/disable triggers :)

Regarding your bug, I've fixed it with moving all hypertriggers to the bottom of all triggers.
Anyway, since you are using computer players, just give the hypertriggers to one of them.
In general, if you use waits AND hypertriggers, the hypertriggers have to be at the bottom of the list or else they will delay the other trigger a few hours/days/weeks/years...
4 hypertriggers are more than enough (even 3 should be enough). The next 2 seconds wait will be delayed for many hours and the wait won't screw your map's system, I guess.

That's it! :D

Dec 1 2010, 10:31 pm Newb Post #3

PROBLEM SOLVED. omg
It wasn't the hypers that were wrong, it was me that was wrong.( well I knew that but...) : (

From what you said I was looking at some triggers that may have been the problem and I was like," Wait, what resets those switches? Hm... Nothing? Odd. Wait. WTF!"

And I gave up this map for 6 months because of that! AWESOME.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Dec 1 2010, 11:41 pm by Newb.

None.

Options
  Back to forum