Ammo System
Nov 22 2007, 3:05 am
By: Cheeseman119  

Nov 22 2007, 3:05 am Cheeseman119 Post #1

Im making one of my first maps (Horror),Resident Evil 4 RPG
and its suppose to have an ammo system.i currently have a trigger set to always, set resource amount for all resouces souces owned by current player at Anywhere to 4. and it doesnt seem to be working, any help?

None.

Nov 22 2007, 7:04 am Durandal Post #2

Providing that bullets are minerals, and gas ammo, and that there is a 30 round clip;

Obviously, you'll need to set up a preliminary trigger to give them as many clips (gas) as you want them to have, and then the trigger will do the work from there.

To turn gas (clips) into minerals (Bullets):
Trigger
Players

• Force 1
  • Conditions

• [Current Player] accumulates at most 0 [ore]
  • [Current Player] accumulates at least 1 [gas]
  • Actions

• Set [Force 2] to [enemy]
  • Modify resources for [Current Player]: subtract 1 [gas]
  • Play wav: "staredit/reloading.wav" - Not required.
  • Modify resources for [Current Player]: add 16 [ore]
  • Preserve Trigger

• To subtract money for killing:
    Trigger
    Players

• Force 1
  • Conditions

[Current Player] accumulates at least 1 [ore]
    [Current Player] kills [exactly] 1 [men]
    Actions

Modify Resources for [Current Player]: Subtract 1 ore.
    Modify score for [Current Player]: Subtract 1 kills.
    Preserve Trigger

To not allow them to fire without ammo:

Trigger
    Players

• Force 1
  • Conditions

[Current Player] accumulates at most 0 [ore]
    [Current Player] accumulates at most 0 [gas]
    Actions

Play wav: "staredit/noammo.wav" - Not required
    Set [Force 2] to [ally].
    Preserve Trigger.

I recommend that you use Hyper triggers as it will enhance the effect; otherwise they can simply target individual units regardless of having the resources or not.

Edited to utilize trigger boxes :O

Post has been edited 6 time(s), last time on Nov 22 2007, 5:38 pm by Durandal.

None.

Nov 22 2007, 2:32 pm Ahli Post #3

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Cheeseman119
    Im making one of my first maps (Horror),Resident Evil 4 RPG
    and its suppose to have an ammo system.i currently have a trigger set to always, set resource amount for all resouces souces owned by current player at Anywhere to 4. and it doesnt seem to be working, any help?

your trigger changes the mineral count in a mineral field or the gas count in a geysir owned by the current player.
    you need the trigger "set ressources" to modify the ressources the player accumulated.

Nov 22 2007, 5:14 pm Zergblender Post #4

Are you Stupid_Kid @ US_East?

None.

Nov 22 2007, 5:20 pm Cheeseman119 Post #5

well this is one of my first maps i dont have that much expierince with map making cuz im only 13 lol and thanks Durandal

I want them to have 4 Ammo Each Clip so they have 4 clips which makes 16 shots kill you need to buy more ammo i have some sick sounds for reloading and stuff so i can add that in too but ill try to figure it out

None.

Nov 22 2007, 5:33 pm Durandal Post #6

well this is one of my first maps i dont have that much expierince with map making cuz im only 13

I hate it when people use that excuse, don't dare ever use it again.

I'm fourteen, and it's not like most of these people are above twenty on these forums, age isn't really indicative of experience or intelligence.

But hey, no problem ;) Just change the gas to 5 at start, and change mineral amount to 16 for the trigger I listed. (I say 5 gas because you want them to have 16 bullets at start with 4 extra clips, and if you give them 5 gas it'll automatically load the clip once the game starts. I'm sure you understand).

None.

Nov 22 2007, 5:34 pm lil-Inferno Post #7

Just here for the pie

Trigger
    Players

• Humans
  • Conditions

• Current Player resources is exactly 0 minerals
  • Current Player has at least 1 gas.
  • Actions

• Set resources for current player subtract 1 gas.
  • Set resources for current player add 1 mineral.
  • Play wav. (Reload)
  • Comment: Reload

• Quote from Cheeseman119
    well this is one of my first maps i dont have that much expierince with map making cuz im only 13 lol and thanks Durandal

I want them to have 4 Ammo Each Clip so they have 4 clips which makes 16 shots kill you need to buy more ammo i have some sick sounds for reloading and stuff so i can add that in too but ill try to figure it out
    Im 13 also but I'm making a huge city map. Thats age discrimination right there, lol. I'm sure if an adult tried to make a map after one year, I could make a better one than them because we're still young and creative.

Trigger
    Players

• Humans
  • Conditions

• Current Player brings at least one [Human] to "Ammo"
  • Actions

• Add 16 Gas for current player.
  • Remove "Ammo clips" at Human Center 1.
  • Play Wav. [Pick up]
  • Comment: Pick up Ammo

• Ok it might not be perfect, but I gave it a shot at reloading and picking it up.

Nov 22 2007, 5:37 pm Durandal Post #8

Well, if he's going for clips that you can pick up off the floor, then that's a bit more difficult and almost requires Hyper triggers.

I can detail what you need to do and why you need to do it, if you want to know how.

None.

Nov 22 2007, 5:39 pm lil-Inferno Post #9

Just here for the pie

Quote from Durandal
    Well, if he's going for clips that you can pick up off the floor, then that's a bit more difficult and almost requires Hyper triggers.

I can detail what you need to do and why you need to do it, if you want to know how.
    Yea, but us mappers always wants 110% right?
    Anyway heres a link for a ammo system:
    Ammo System Link

Nov 22 2007, 5:46 pm Durandal Post #10

Didn't I just finish detailing a simple ammo system that tells him everything he needs to know?

Besides, the ammo pickup system in there is flawed, it would eat up far too many locations. It's better to have a 3x3 location center on your main unit.

None.

Nov 22 2007, 5:50 pm Cheeseman119 Post #11

k thanks i got it now

None.

Nov 22 2007, 6:24 pm Zergblender Post #12

Alot of mappers are adults...
    you're also discriminating people by age.
    There's this 35 year old mapper called Frenn.
    Unknown, but a real pro when it comes to triggers.
    This guy's one of the last "real" mappers who puts his heart and soul into his maps.

Btw, I'm 16 and I utterly suck at certain aspects of mapping.

None.

Nov 22 2007, 6:33 pm Durandal Post #13

It's not really discrimination, but regardless, I think he got the point already; you can drop it.

None.

Options
      Back to forum