Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: Heart of the Swarm
Heart of the Swarm
Oct 16 2010, 4:45 pm
By: ClansAreForGays  

Nov 12 2010, 11:50 pm Dungeon-Master Post #21

Quote from Neki
I really doubt Blizzard would nullify all of WoL by just turning her back into an evil Zerg unless they pulled it off masterly. It would anger so many fans, you basically wasted thirty missions for nothing.
lol
Quote from fans
OH M GOD WHAT I DID IN THE CAMPAIGN WAS FOR NO FUCKING REASON! I WANT A REE-FUNDZ!

Huge lack of life detected

None.

Nov 14 2010, 12:20 pm NicholasBeige Post #22

Can't be bothered quoting - its not letting me for some reason...

So, if "Starcraft (and Starcraft 2) 'revolves' around Raynor" - why was his characterization and role so shallow in Wings of Liberty?

I have absolutely no expectations of Heart of the Swarm, after how they completely butchered and raped the only good RTS story since 1994. And even if Blizzard do 'throw us a curveball', it won't benefit me at all - since I have already avowed not to pre-order HotS. So, I'll probably hear about it first and then go out and buy the game. And, probably still end up being disappointed...

I think Heart of the Swarm, will simply be a rehashing of Wings of Liberty and Brood War. You will play as Kerrigan, yet still retain some control of the Zerg. You will fly around the Koprulu sector, with a bunch of gormless and uninteresting side-kicks (Tosh, Tychus, Dr Hanson, Stettman, Rory Swann only their Zerg counter-parts though). As you do missions, the underlying goal will be to assimilate and incorporate 'neutral races' into the Zerg Swarm. So, exactly like getting 'Protoss' and 'Zerg' research in Wings of Liberty. I think there will be another Zerg chrysalis, or perhaps a Cerebrate who assumes control over most of the Zerg. The final showdown will be destroying this Cerebrate - but it turns out that a Terran or Protoss faction (maybe Tal'Darim or UED) were controlling the Cerebrate with a Psi-Emitter. When the Cerebrate dies, the Zerg go rampage - and over-run Kerrigan (again) and she is infested once more, maybe Raynor is there too and is forced to escape? Or maybe he gets infested too, or dies?. Queue Legacy of the Void.

None.

Options
  Back to forum