Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: SCII Patch 1.1.2
SCII Patch 1.1.2
Oct 14 2010, 7:21 pm
By: CecilSunkure
Pages: < 1 2 3

Oct 21 2010, 12:19 am Neki Post #41

I still love phoenix play, but it's not too effective versus terran because lifting a marine really doesn't do much, but I suppose you can still harass with them. I've been watching a lot of high level Zerg player and it seems much better now, Zerg just don't get rolled over by a bio-ball, but thors + repair are still tough for Zerg to beat. The only thing with the +range on roaches is that they stop some forms of protoss fast expand because they can snipe off buildings out of range of the cannon.

None.

Oct 21 2010, 12:23 am CecilSunkure Post #42

Actually a few pheonix are extremely useful for lifting tanks during a big push. They are also useful if the Terran goes mass banshee and viking, since they can out-manuever both, compared to stalkers with are constrained to the ground.

None.

Oct 22 2010, 8:53 pm Decency Post #43

Quote from FatalException
Terran tech switch requires a lift off. Zerg or protoss tech switch requires construction of new buildings. I don't see how that's easier.

Also, removing stim from marauders would NOT make them useless; they would still have the slow effect, 6 range, high damage to armor relative to cost (more damage than stalkers for much less money), and 1 natural armor. The only real weaknesses the marauder has right now are that it's a ground unit with not-terribly-fast unstimmed attack speed and that it can only attack ground targets, but those only matter if you're getting absolutely nothing but marauders. Less stims pl0x. >.>

You can't tech switch off one building. If I'm making mass Marauders and you counter with Mutalisks, yeah I can throw my Factory onto the tech lab and make a Thor, but it's only one Thor at a time. Because of the transient nature of Zerg units, though, once you have a building your entire army composition can change after a single battle. They only have one unit producing structure type. In order to do this a Terran has to make three factories or a bunch of barracks, etc. You can lose a 40 Hydralisk army to my Marauder force and 33 seconds later you can have an army of 20 Mutalisks. This is why Zerg is so dominant late-game, especially once 200/200 hits and they can stockpile larvae.

Marauders without stim would be unusable simply because they would lose out to Stalkers or Roaches. Even with an AoE slow in the campaign they still weren't worth getting because they didn't have stim. I agree that they're too strong, but removing stim is not the answer.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum