Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: I need a good air freshener.
I need a good air freshener.
Aug 28 2010, 2:15 am
By: DavidJCobb
Pages: < 1 2 3

Aug 31 2010, 6:59 pm Azrael Post #41

Quote from Lanthanide
Step 1. Harden the fuck up

Quote from Lanthanide
Get over your insectophobia, it's going to make other people think you're weird (you are) and make your life much more difficult than it needs to be.
I doubt he does it by choice, though some kind of counseling wouldn't hurt.

Quote from Gigins
It will be hard for you to find a woman while you jump and scream like a little girl from seeing a bug. Unless you're gay, then it's ok I guess.
A phobia of insects is something most people could live with the other person having. There's a good chance he could get relatively far into a relationship before the issue presented itself. Also, being effeminate isn't always considering okay just because you're homosexual, and many homosexual men would be turned off by such a display. Some men would accept it to be perfectly okay, but so would some women.

Aug 31 2010, 8:19 pm Gigins Post #42

In theory. But women doesn't work in theory.

And it would definitely show soon enough because there are bugs everywhere. The man is afraid to open the window for god sakes.

None.

Aug 31 2010, 8:27 pm Azrael Post #43

Quote from Gigins
And it would definitely show soon enough because there are bugs everywhere. The man is afraid to open the window for god sakes.
Hmm, well I guess it might become apparent pretty fast. He could always meet her at places that are indoors until she liked him enough :P

Aug 31 2010, 8:41 pm DavidJCobb Post #44

Actually, the phobia's intensity lessens somewhat outdoors. I think the most fear-inducing part isn't necessarily being near bugs, but rather coming into physical contact with them or being in a situation where the risk of physical contact cannot be escaped. If I see a bug inside, I'm trapped in a small room with it. I see a bug outside, I can walk any distance in any direction, in theory -- I'm not confined with the furry winged little fucker.

None.

Aug 31 2010, 8:45 pm Azrael Post #45

Regardless, I wouldn't open my windows without a screen in them either. Who the hell wants bugs in their room? :P

Aug 31 2010, 8:58 pm DavidJCobb Post #46

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
Regardless, I wouldn't open my windows without a screen in them either. Who the hell wants bugs in their room? :P
Exactly! Always buzzin' around, distracting, landing on your screen and shit. Such annoyances.

None.

Sep 1 2010, 2:25 am Gigins Post #47

I have fun killing them. I even have a little kill counter when I'm bored.

None.

Sep 1 2010, 2:30 am DavidJCobb Post #48

Quote from Gigins
I have fun killing them. I even have a little kill counter when I'm bored.
Alas, my phobia includes their corpses and entrails, so I can't even enjoy doing that. D:

None.

Sep 2 2010, 7:20 pm Wing Zero Post #49

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Not trying to sound insensitive or anything but you should try to get over at least the corpse part of the phobia, its not like they'll come back from the dead and buzz you to death, especially if you give them a good whack with a flyswatter. Personally the only insects i have a problem with are earwigs (theyre fucking everywhere) and mosquitos (obvious)

Sep 3 2010, 2:55 am DavidJCobb Post #50

Quote from Wing Zero
Not trying to sound insensitive or anything but you should try to get over at least the corpse part of the phobia, its not like they'll come back from the dead and buzz you to death, especially if you give them a good whack with a flyswatter. Personally the only insects i have a problem with are earwigs (theyre fucking everywhere) and mosquitos (obvious)
Well, my phobia originated from the first (and only) time I was ever bitten by a tick, so I think it's mostly a fear of physical contact or proximity... Touching a bug, or touching something it's touched extensively.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum