Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Melee Map Projects > Topic: (2)Challenge
(2)Challenge
Aug 31 2007, 12:20 pm
By: Gerrard2060  

Aug 31 2007, 12:20 pm Gerrard2060 Post #1

This map uses binary countoffs ( ^^ ), so, you don't need to gather minerals, you gather gas and gas is subtracted. And instead of getting gas, you get minerals!

The link: http://www.maplantis.org/index.php?map=930

Comments/criticism.

None.

Aug 31 2007, 12:47 pm Excalibur Post #2

The sword and the faith

Too tight, T-ownage.
Bad decoration.
Lack of doodads.
Bad design.

Reccomendations:
I cant think of why people would want to use your system for melee rather than the actual gathering of minerals.
Scrap.
Scrap.
Scrap.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Aug 31 2007, 12:55 pm Gerrard2060 Post #3

1st: You can edit this map to look good for you. :-_-:
2nd: This "system" I am using is fun, because it's not an ordinary melee map. It's a special map.
3rd: If you don't like the map, don't play it.

None.

Aug 31 2007, 3:08 pm Excalibur Post #4

The sword and the faith

If by special you mean retarded, then keep making terrible 'special' maps.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Aug 31 2007, 4:23 pm Demented Shaman Post #5

If gas is converted to minerals then how do you have gas for actual units that require gas?

Also, since it requires triggers and the change in gameplay is basically the point of this map besides the terrain, it doesn't really count as a Melee map and shouldn't be in this forum.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 31 2007, 4:24 pm by devilesk.

None.

Aug 31 2007, 6:30 pm TitanWing Post #6

Looks to me like you just stole the terrain from (2)Challenger, which isn't something I encourage...or even find acceptable. A melee map should be 100% yours and not a stolen Blizz map with triggers.

Thumbs down.

None.

Aug 31 2007, 6:33 pm Demented Shaman Post #7

If it's just an actual Blizz map just with triggers added then that's even worse. Especially when what you did is dumb like gas to min :-_-:

I agree with TitanWing and I condemn this topic.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 31 2007, 6:34 pm by devilesk.

None.

Aug 31 2007, 8:35 pm Falcizzle Post #8

Example directory: C:\Program Files\Starcraft\Maps

(2)Challenger : 55k

Basically, you took all the minerals out and used your "new" system.

Question: Why?

First off, if Blizz wanted the game to only have 1 resource, they would have already done it that way.

I'm all for doing things differently, though.

However, from what it sounds, you get no gas at all, because it's switched into minerals.

Now...

No gas = Inherent imbalances in the game (T can lift shit at t1 and has ranged units, P has zealots that have wtfomfg 60 shields and 100 hp vs mass un-upgradeable lings, etc...Not getting into why playing with no gas is terrible...That's another topic.)

But yeah.

No gas = Bad.

And getting minerals as slow as one would gather gas = Terrible.

One last thing:

If for some reason you see a reason to have this map on the site, this is technically UMS, even though it would be played melee...If you can call getting 8 mins every few seconds melee...it'll be quite slow going.

I guess it's a good idea in theory, I can see how it would help in a UMS setting, but I wouldn't use it to make a modified version of melee.

None.

Sep 2 2007, 1:01 am R.I.S.K Post #9

im all for messing around with blizzard maps and coming up with new ideas, but i wouldn't post it and say it is for playing. i do things like this all the time, but only for fun or for personal educational purposes. so im glad you are trying new things, this is what map-making needs, but try to keep it to yourself unless you feel it is ground-breaking and hasn't been tried before.

None.

Sep 2 2007, 1:40 am TitanWing Post #10

And make your own map next time.

None.

Sep 2 2007, 2:14 am R.I.S.K Post #11

unless you are just messing around with learning stuff about triggers, and need a quick-already made map to test it on. preferably, use one of your own previously made maps if you have any, then turn to blizzard. i would never use another player's map unless i was 500% sure that I WOULD NEVER USE IT SAYING THAT IT WAS MY OWN, and that I WOULD NEVER DISTRIBUTE IT, EXCEPT FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES, SO LONG AS CREDIT IS GIVEN TO THE ORIGINAL MAP MAKER!

None.

Sep 8 2007, 6:44 pm yenku Post #12

Quote from Gerrard2060
1st: You can edit this map to look good for you. :-_-:
2nd: This "system" I am using is fun, because it's not an ordinary melee map. It's a special map.
3rd: If you don't like the map, don't play it.
Why is this in the melee map showcase then?

None.

Options
  Back to forum