Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Contests > Topic: ONE MONTH LEFT
ONE MONTH LEFT
Dec 3 2009, 6:41 pm
By: Kaias
Pages: < 1 « 8 9 10

Dec 31 2009, 3:52 am Marine Post #181

2/52 weeks? 1/26? that's pretty short. But I changed my mind to one day in Ez's post.

None.

Dec 31 2009, 4:25 am CecilSunkure Post #182

Kaaiiiaass I know a few people who are ganna come into SEN looking for RPGs to be released.. Might want to post on the announcements that the due date is postponed.

[Edit]I'll just PM him.

None.

Dec 31 2009, 4:27 am Marine Post #183

CECIL YOU SACK OF LOVING FAILURE YOU STILL HAVE TO SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FACE GOD DAMNIT.

Also Kaias, Yoshi is right in the sense that the only reason it's been extended is because mostly procrastinators D:

None.

Dec 31 2009, 4:35 am CecilSunkure Post #184

Quote from Marine
CECIL YOU SACK OF LOVING FAILURE YOU STILL HAVE TO SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FACE GOD DAMNIT.

Also Kaias, Yoshi is right in the sense that the only reason it's been extended is because mostly procrastinators D:
Oh calm down you guise. The goal of the Last Stand Challenge was to encourage people to make maps. Now, two weeks extra is only going to give someone a 1.05% advantage over anyone else, in terms of work time. To be honest, I joined this challenge late last summer, and then had to hault all productivity until I had time this Winter Break. So I could be complaining that all you other folks have had much more time than me to work on this thing.

Don't make a big deal of a 1% advantage, especially when that advantage will be given only if you decide to not use the two weeks to improve the maps you completed. There is no way there isn't anything you could improve. In fact, these two weeks of work should be even more noticeable in terms of gameplay, juxtaposed to those still working on their product, as you already have a finished product to work on.

None.

Dec 31 2009, 4:44 am killer_sss Post #185

Kaias I must say this is a poor, hasty choice in my honest opinion. I understand your position on creating great maps to let Sen and Starcraft go out with one last big bang but deadlines are deadlines.

In school, work and the rest of life you need to be on schedule and complete it when it is due. If you work for a big company and you miss your deadline your part of the project could be so critical that your entire company fails to meet a deadline they already promissed the public. I guarentee if you make that company look like a fool in front of the entire world you won't have a job working there very long.

Those done on time should be judged in the contest and those after the deadline might get an honorable mention but that is the most they deserve. Don't teach kids and adults bad work ethics. In real life there will be no extension. Teach them to man up and own their work and their accomplishments or failures.

None.

Dec 31 2009, 4:45 am stickynote Post #186

Guys, there is no reward besides respect anyway. And you'll get that anyway if your map s good enough. We don't have minerals anymore, remember?

None.

Dec 31 2009, 4:48 am Marine Post #187

That absolutley sucks... I hate being reminded of that :(

I mean about the minerals, not the respect.

None.

Dec 31 2009, 5:36 am payne Post #188

:payne:

What about each category named for the judges/public to rate the map count for 5 pts. (x/5)
If the map was sent to Kaias within midnight, they get a bonus of 5 points.
It is the same thing as asking Kaias to add a new category named "Punctuality".
Is that good?

None.

Dec 31 2009, 5:46 am CecilSunkure Post #189

Quote from killer_sss
In school, work and the rest of life you need to be on schedule and complete it when it is due. If you work for a big company and you miss your deadline your part of the project could be so critical that your entire company fails to meet a deadline they already promissed the public. I guarentee if you make that company look like a fool in front of the entire world you won't have a job working there very long.

Those done on time should be judged in the contest and those after the deadline might get an honorable mention but that is the most they deserve. Don't teach kids and adults bad work ethics. In real life there will be no extension. Teach them to man up and own their work and their accomplishments or failures.
Luckily for us SEN decides what SEN is, and for the most part is independent of the real world -I find this a good thing.

None.

Dec 31 2009, 5:51 am Neki Post #190

Working for a company is most of the time, not voluntary. Whatever gets out more maps for this contest is good for SEN I think, I needed to finish my copy of Cecil's RPG anyways.

None.

Dec 31 2009, 5:58 am Kenoli Post #191

Deadlines looming, I figured the last day was a good time for me to start. I laboriously spent over an hour making this perfectly polished jewel of a map.

But it was all for naught.

None.

Dec 31 2009, 6:21 am CecilSunkure Post #192

Quote from name:Ultimo
Working for a company is most of the time, not voluntary. Whatever gets out more maps for this contest is good for SEN I think, I needed to finish my copy of Cecil's RPG anyways.
<3

None.

Dec 31 2009, 9:06 pm Norm Post #193

Here's my submission: It's also 8hours early.

Attachments:
Hero Sanctuary [1.03].scx
Hits: 0 Size: 417.32kb

None.

Jan 1 2010, 12:19 am Kaias Post #194

PM from Lyoko367's account:

Quote from name:Subject: Terrible News
Life threatening circumstances holding the account holder from performing the finish of the recently stated map for "RPG Contest" Notification that the current draft is to be tested and seen as final. Thank you for your time, the account holder desires that you continue with showing his map in the stated "Contest" above.

Lyoko started his map a couple week ago. His last updated version of the map is this:

Attachments:
AfterworldRPG.scx
Hits: 78 Size: 1949.13kb

None.

Jan 1 2010, 9:04 pm payne Post #195

:payne:

Life threatening circumstances
All I can think of is death.
I'm probably not right. ;o
:S :omfg: :(

None.

Options