Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: ZombieCraft
ZombieCraft
Oct 13 2009, 1:54 pm
By: IcY
Pages: < 1 2 3

Oct 21 2009, 9:34 pm MadZombie Post #41

Yea. I wrote that this morning with the intention of actually thinking of names FOR you so as not to seem like the "Lol your shit needs this or that" when I don't come up with things myself.

Gimme a min. :crazy:
Here's the economy system I worked out:

Zombies:
A Zombie Infestor can convert enemy units into Zombies. These Zombies canbe ordered to morph to one of the following:
-Zombie Ghast (spellcaster, casts Plague, Ensnare, and Maelstrom)
-Zombie Infestor (spellcaster, converts enemy units into Zombies)
-Explosive Zombie (suicide attacker)
-Tank Zombie (meatshield)

Humans:
Any Human unit may recruit neutral Survivors. An unarmed Survivor may be brought to a Weapons Depot and equipped with one of the following weapons:
-Shotgun (basic combat unit)
-Sniper (cloakable long-ranged unit)
-Medkit (heals nearby units, casts restore)
-Flamethrower (short-ranged combat unit)
-Welding Torch (builds stuff)

All Human units cost one supply, which is provided by the Ammo Factory building. Each Ammo Factory provides one supply and may not be built next to other Ammo Factories (a la STF). Supply may also be used to create Turrets. Turrets may be used as weak defense, but their main function is to physically block off areas.

Lastly, both races may use the Subway. Subway Terminals may be captured by an unarmed Survivor or basic Zombie. You may teleport units from any of your Subway Terminals to any allied Subway Terminal.
I don't see anything that can't be done without modding. And when you say the sniper will be a unit with cloaking it really makes it sound like your not even going to mod at all. unless you meant like a mod that changes graphics and such and then everything else is done via triggers.

Also, this "idea" should have it's own topic or something because current;y your ideas sound ... off? They don't make sense to me, and i guess they shouldn't since its like TZ and zany discussing about themselves and their work but for optimal feedback and awesome i'd advise a place for you to put all your ideas straight and together. Someone like me could come up with hawt ideas.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 21 2009, 10:02 pm by MadZombie.

None.

Oct 21 2009, 9:46 pm Jack Post #42

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

The standard zombie will probably be called Zombie BTW, makes it recognizable.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 21 2009, 10:52 pm MadZombie Post #43

Anyways here is my input on this whole "zombie craft"

Personally Zombies are cool and stuff but why limit it to zombies. how about turning it into a more modern Castlevania-esque game? Instead of JUST zombies it could be demons? or other evil out worldly creatures like skeletons and Giant fucking floating heads that have skulls for eyeballs and have a tongue with barbed wire wrapped around it and it uses that as an attack? Personally I'd love for their to be a gruesome br00tal mod.

Think DooM but instead of future it would be current times with todays weapons fighting against undead evil hordes of demons and such.

in any case here are some names and stuff that I thought of for (MY idea) of enemies.

Dismal horror
Torment
Bane essence
Ectoplasmer
Crawling zombie*
Blood liege
Dead mate
Command zombie*
Rampart
Revenant
Slaughter stien/cask/sack (which ever sounds better to you, this name was really made for the suicidal zombie)
Crestfallen
Mire
Eidolon

The word "lord" can be added to any of these for added "coolness/power"

*For novelties sake

I stopped their just incase my idea seemed to stupid and yea... if my idea isn't taken seriously then these names could be used for unique boss zombies.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 21 2009, 11:09 pm by MadZombie.

None.

Oct 21 2009, 10:57 pm Biophysicist Post #44

I AGREE WITH MADZOMBIE

None.

Oct 21 2009, 11:25 pm Jack Post #45

Ok, TZ is willing to wait more time so I can do custom gfx for extra demons and stuff, so here's a unit list for you all to comment on.

ZOMBIES
Zombie (standard zombie, maybe called revenant but probably not))
Rampant (fast zombie)
Bane (Bane Lord maybe. The big strong mutated zombie. Think resident evil tyrants or gmutant)
Torment (flying head, think doom's lost souls)
Mire (spell caster. Maybe called a shade instead. One spell makes Eidolons (hallus) one infects humans, with a percent chance of infection, and maybe a plague or ensnare spell, OR a Summon Revenants spell, which summons shadelike broodlings that die after a time. Maybe have infection kill the human and create a Torment in its place, owned by the zombies)
Demonic Liege (maybe. Strong like the Bane, with a spell maybe. An ultimate unit as it were.)

With all these non zombie units, maybe we should call it something else, like Hell's Awakening, or Necropolis. Or keep it as zombiecraft, it's still pretty much a zombie mod.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 21 2009, 11:43 pm by zany_001.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 22 2009, 12:13 am MadZombie Post #46

Possible names

Pandemonium
Perdition
Crisis Z (FOR TEH ZOMBOS LOL)
No heaven
Horde mode (idkbffjill)

I could come up with better names if I knew some sort of story or plot elements and such. The name should be decided around the end. Zombocraft for now i guess.

None.

Oct 22 2009, 1:30 am ForTheSwarm Post #47

Seems a little like AO now.

None.

Oct 22 2009, 1:43 am Jack Post #48

Yeah, that's my biggest fear, is that people will see it as an AO clone.

Red classic.

Oct 22 2009, 3:37 pm USS Cane Post #49

Names for monsters:

Phobos (boss)
Strangler
hhhhhhmmmmmm o,O
Leviathan
Wesker (-_-) j/k
Abbomination
Crawler
Isoletion (boss)
Arach (spider monster)
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm