mini-popups
Sep 26 2007, 3:54 pm
By: Sauceover  

Sep 26 2007, 3:54 pm Sauceover Post #1

i was wondering how you would go about making those little alert minipopups, like on msn when someone signs in.

None.

Sep 28 2007, 2:35 am Sauceover Post #2

anyone...anyone at all...

None.

Oct 6 2007, 2:03 am AdvertisemenT Post #3

Hey Sauceover,

I'm assuming you're asking about how to "enable" the pop-ups. Here's how you should go about it. I'm personally using Windows Live Messenger atm, and don't know if you are too or using older versions. It should not differ by a lot though. Anyways:

1) Open your main window for MSN/WLM.
2) Click on your 'screenname' then a drop-down box should appear below.
3) Near the bottom of the box should be a option called 'Options...'. Click on it.
4) A new window should have popped up. On the left margin, find 'Alerts and Sounds' and click on it.
5) At the top of the screen (now on the right hand section) should be an area labeled 'Alerts'.
6) The alert options are pretty much self explanatory, just click and check on the alerts you want enabled.
7) When you're done, click 'Apply' and 'Ok'.
8) Huzzah, you're finished. Hope this helped.

None.

Oct 6 2007, 2:26 am Sauceover Post #4

not in the slightest, but thanks for the effort anyways

i'm asking about how to create those popups for my own personally made program.

None.

Oct 6 2007, 4:49 am AdvertisemenT Post #5

I see, I may have misunderstood your current situation ...

i'm asking about how to create those popups for my own personally made program.

How the hell are we supposed to know how to create pop-ups for your own PERSONALLY MADE PROGRAM. YOU should be the one with the answers, not us.

None.

Oct 6 2007, 5:40 am Sauceover Post #6

why would i already know how to do something i'm trying to learn?

are you familiar with programming?

None.

Oct 6 2007, 11:47 am who Post #7

dude, how can we tell you how to make pop-ups if we don't even know about your program?

None.

Oct 8 2007, 6:44 am Sauceover Post #8

thats irrelevant...code can be modified and changed to adjust to the algorithm/function

are either of you familiar with programming?

None.

Oct 8 2007, 10:23 am Fierce Post #9

Try and look on google, yahoo, ask jeeves, etc.. that's the best way to go. I'm sure none of us no how to do it because we've never used it.

None.

Oct 8 2007, 6:17 pm Sauceover Post #10

actually i already did.

i'm not sure of the proper term to distinguish the desktop popup from an internet popup

None.

Options
  Back to forum