Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: SeN yet lives again
SeN yet lives again
Feb 17 2008, 7:42 am
By: Forsaken Archer  

Feb 17 2008, 7:42 am Forsaken Archer Post #1

Changed hosts...
Things are a bit screwed up atm, working to sort some things out still...
DLDB will be erased again as it contains old data and isn't even working yet as I have to recompile the programs.
Lost about 2 weeks of data, which isn't horrible (but still sucks, yeah, I know).
SeN might be up and down as I configure server things.

Update:
The biggest pain is we don't have attachments, avatars, or any uploads saved :( :(

Update 2:
Current project, getting the DLDB back up.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Feb 17 2008, 10:30 pm by isolatedpurity.

None.

Feb 17 2008, 7:46 am Forsaken Archer Post #2

test ' lol

None.

Feb 17 2008, 4:19 pm Moose Post #3

We live in a society.

SEN Mafia 5 is ruined. Damn you! :P
The backup date was January 29, 2008. Good thing I took it, because the one before that was December 19, 2007. :P

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 17 2008, 4:24 pm by Mini Moose 2707.

Feb 17 2008, 4:22 pm Forsaken Archer Post #4

good, now i finally have a chance to join the next one :lol:

None.

Feb 17 2008, 4:22 pm chuiu Post #5

I do believe you have my minerals.

None.

Feb 17 2008, 5:09 pm JordanN Post #6

At least signatures survived.

None.

Feb 17 2008, 7:27 pm Nintendo_Confed Post #7

Minor set back... we'll be back to 100% in a couple months.. I have faith in you IP!

EDIT: Just noticed all topics have been reset to Jan 29th.... :S This officialy sucks.
Also, if any newcomers come to this site right now, and dont read this topic, they will think that this site is dead, because of no posts since the 29th..

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 17 2008, 7:34 pm by Nintendo_Confed.

None.

Feb 17 2008, 10:10 pm EzDay281 Post #8

Also, if any newcomers come to this site right now, and dont read this topic, they will think that this site is dead, because of no posts since the 29th..
Um...
Except for the massive flood of posts that are completely up-to-date, a number of which may be referring to the reset? xP
The less-active forums will be hit a bit, although I should think that there'll be a tiny activity surge after SEN's revival anyways, to help. And I'm not sure that I'd care for many members who check like, a single topic in a forum to determine its activity, anyways. >_>

None.

Feb 18 2008, 4:11 am Joshgt2 Post #9

So there is no way to get anything back to that way it was? Why did we need to change hosts to begin with?

None.

Feb 18 2008, 9:40 pm Forsaken Archer Post #10

No. Really does suck. I actually start posting in other areas than news + feedback and they all disappear ><.

And miscommunication...
I'm happy though... this one costs less and is a hell of a lot faster (and I haven't done any tweaking yet!).

None.

Feb 20 2008, 10:25 pm Ojan Post #11

Good work getting SEN back online! I figured I'd report that the RSS seems to be broken, I'd be very greatful if someone could take a quick look at it :)

I realize it's not high priority, but I'd be glad to see it back when you have the time.

None.

Feb 20 2008, 10:27 pm Forsaken Archer Post #12

What RSS viewer do you use? I need a good one to do testing with ;o

None.

Feb 20 2008, 11:32 pm Ojan Post #13

The standard one in Firefox, LiveBookmarks I believe.

On the frontpage, in the menu to the left, when clicking on the RSS for mods or maps (which is not what I'm after) I get "The page you were looking for was not found. An administrator may have removed it, or it never existed in the first place.", so SEN seems to handle the error itself.

When I click on the RSS for the Latest News, though (which is what I do want), I get:
Warning: require_once(scripts/xml.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/starlite/public_html/index.php on line 229

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'scripts/xml.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/starlite/public_html/index.php on line 229

None.

Feb 20 2008, 11:39 pm Moose Post #14

We live in a society.

The RSS page hasn't been coded, to my knowledge.

Feb 23 2008, 3:29 pm Centreri Post #15

Relatively ancient and inactive

Itemlist in store also gives a PHP error. However, thanks for increasing minerals given and adding stuff to the store while I was gone. /happy

None.

Feb 23 2008, 11:14 pm Forsaken Archer Post #16

Minerals still being worked on...

None.

Options
  Back to forum