Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: scmdraft - 0.9.0 info + nightly download (Post small feature req
scmdraft - 0.9.0 info + nightly download (Post small feature req
Apr 9 2017, 9:27 am
By: Suicidal Insanity
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15 16 1760 >

Aug 18 2017, 6:22 pm Zoan Post #281

Math + Physics + StarCraft = Zoan

Attached is a map showing that the Lurker's center might have changed.

The left most is spawning directly in the center of a 1x1 tile, the middle is shifted up by 1 pixel, and the right is shifted up by 2 pixels.

I'm not sure if this is a problem due to making the map with the new SCMDraft version or if this is an issue caused by the new patch 1.21.

Even if it is caused by the new patch shifting the Lurker's center, I wonder if somehow it would be possible to shift the Lurker's center in SCMDraft to counter it? Though maybe this would just cause more confusion.

Attachments:
scmdraft_lurker_test.scx
Hits: 2 Size: 37.02kb

\:rip\:ooooo\:wob\:ooooo \:angel\: ooooo\:wob\:ooooo\:rip\:

Aug 19 2017, 1:38 am Butch Post #282

PROFESSIONAL MAP MAKER

can you add a 2x1 grid to the grid presets list in the grid menu. so its easier to see the subtile spacing on lots of plain ground.

None.

Aug 21 2017, 11:39 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #283

I see you !

I'll think about it. Do you often use other grids as well or would just remembering the last custom option also work?

New version up on the irregulars page with a bugfix.

Also, poiuy_qwert made a nice step by step guide to launching ScmDraft on MacOS using WINE: http://www.stormcoast-fortress.net/cntt/software/scmdraft/wine-example/

Aug 22 2017, 1:49 am Butch Post #284

PROFESSIONAL MAP MAKER

I use all the existing grids pretty regularily. I only EVER use custom grid for 2x1 grid. and every single time you turn it off you have to go back and input the dimensions again etc etc. Would be nice if it were a default grid because its the only custom grid I've ever needed to use.

None.

Aug 23 2017, 4:12 am Pr0nogo Post #285

idk if it's the latest build (probably isn't), but SCMD crashed upon closing a map file. I had it open for about an hour but had only selected a few tiles to copy/paste and otherwise hadn't touched it. No changes were made to the scenario. It was running a modded mpq in addition to the standard stuff, but I've never seen this crash before. It's not particularly disruptive but I figured you might be able to find the culprit if you so desire, assuming it hasn't already been patched.

Trigedit dump

Aug 23 2017, 11:07 am BumpelSnake Post #286

Units seem to sometimes get reset to default settings for no apparent reason while working in the unit settings window. I only noticed this because suddenly in my triggers some death counter units changed their names to default. I tried and cannot reproduce this behaviour, it seems to have happened randomly.

Maybe it's relevant to say that I had a String cap overflow with a map where this occured a few days ago. All my unit names, trigger comments and other strings got messed up real bad. I merged the map then with a backup version, without rolling it fully back because too much work would have been lost. After the restore the behaviour I mentioned above occured on different units multiple times. But as I said, maybe the String messup has nothing to do with it.

And if we're at it, I'd like to suggest to implement some safe-fail routine into ScmDraft so that your String table doesn't get meatgrinded. Maybe a message dialog that prevents you from saving the map, or a warning message when your String cap is about to run out.

edit: the units don't really get reset to default, but the check box "default" gets checked randomly when selecting a unit. If you un-check this, all the custom values and the name is still there. But if you close and re-open the settings window and un-check "default" at the unit un question, the custom values and name are lost.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 23 2017, 11:17 am by BumpelSnake.

None.

Aug 23 2017, 7:04 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #287

I see you !

Quote from Pr0nogo
idk if it's the latest build (probably isn't), but SCMD crashed upon closing a map file. I had it open for about an hour but had only selected a few tiles to copy/paste and otherwise hadn't touched it. No changes were made to the scenario. It was running a modded mpq in addition to the standard stuff, but I've never seen this crash before. It's not particularly disruptive but I figured you might be able to find the culprit if you so desire, assuming it hasn't already been patched.

Trigedit dump

You reported that crash a few weeks ago, and I fixed it then. Looks like you didn't update or you uploaded the wrong file.

Aug 23 2017, 7:17 pm Pr0nogo Post #288

Oh ok, didn't realize. Thanks!

Aug 23 2017, 8:09 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #289

I see you !

Quote from BumpelSnake
Units seem to sometimes get reset to default settings for no apparent reason while working in the unit settings window. I only noticed this because suddenly in my triggers some death counter units changed their names to default. I tried and cannot reproduce this behaviour, it seems to have happened randomly.

Maybe it's relevant to say that I had a String cap overflow with a map where this occured a few days ago. All my unit names, trigger comments and other strings got messed up real bad. I merged the map then with a backup version, without rolling it fully back because too much work would have been lost. After the restore the behaviour I mentioned above occured on different units multiple times. But as I said, maybe the String messup has nothing to do with it.

And if we're at it, I'd like to suggest to implement some safe-fail routine into ScmDraft so that your String table doesn't get meatgrinded. Maybe a message dialog that prevents you from saving the map, or a warning message when your String cap is about to run out.

edit: the units don't really get reset to default, but the check box "default" gets checked randomly when selecting a unit. If you un-check this, all the custom values and the name is still there. But if you close and re-open the settings window and un-check "default" at the unit un question, the custom values and name are lost.

I can't reproduce the units thing at all. (I assume you are using the current version or at least a recent one)

I will disable saving when you exceed the string limit later tonight.

E: Are you using the turret units for your death counters? The parent units also set the 'use defaults' flag of the turret units. If you can track down what is happening it would be great.

Also new version which prevents saving when you exceed string limit will be up in 5 mins

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 23 2017, 10:59 pm by Suicidal Insanity.

Aug 27 2017, 1:25 am bulletbutter Post #290

Going to apologize ahead of time if these features have already been suggested, but the slow forum loading makes sifting through 15+ pages a nightmare.

1. Show/Hide individual location (its a hassle with stacked/overlapping locations)
2. Click/Drag/Move around units, doodads and sprites that have been previously placed
3. Tile overlay in the tileset index window (especially for buildable terrain)
4. Trigger Sorting (Classic Triggers) - Collapsable, sort of like you have it started in TrigEdit. Although having TrigEdit available I can see if you just ignore this request. Click, Drag/Drop would be neat too
5. Text Color in Classic Triggers and TrigEdit
6. Find, Replace added to the "Edit" menu option in TrigEdit (assuming the Tree/Folder view gets "un-buggy".

None.

Aug 27 2017, 8:22 am Suicidal Insanity Post #291

I see you !

1: At some point

2: Maybe I'll add this for units / sprites. Doodads I don't know.

3: The tileset palette uses the overlays set in the overlay settings already. So you can already do that

5: You can use the same color codes in classic trigedit as in the string editor, it just doesn't display the help table. Text trigedit uses slightly different codes but it is also possible to use text colors there.

6: I'll put it on the looooong list.

E: I haven't thought about what to do about 4, so no info for now.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 27 2017, 11:04 am by Suicidal Insanity.

Aug 27 2017, 10:02 am Wormer Post #292

SI, I just want to say thanks for you still developing this best damn map editor! It takes huge amount of time and effort. Among many requests there are amazing things that we never anticipated to be in SCMD like pathfinding regions. At some point you just stop for a while and see how incredible the editor have become. Thank you for dedication!

As to Trigedit, I don't think UI improvements are needed. After all we got a lot of specialized text editors like Notepad++, Vim, etc. out there that do this job better.

What important for Trigedit is to preserve it's invariance for triggers, like when you open it, hit compile, close and nothing should change. I believe with not-so-long-ago revealed flags for triggers (especially actexec, preserved, disabled like Trigedit++ names them) it's no longer the case. Don't need anything fancy but something like this will suffice:

Trigger("All players"){
Flags: 123456 // Int there
Conditions:
Actions:
> Comment("> Designates starting action for actexec");
Preserve Trigger();
}

ADDED:
Quote from bulletbutter
4. ... Although having TrigEdit available I can see if you just ignore this request ...
1: ... 2: ... 3: ... 5: ... 6: ...
That's rude... :crazy:

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Aug 27 2017, 10:15 am by Wormer.

Some.

Aug 27 2017, 11:09 am Suicidal Insanity Post #293

I see you !

Long term I would like to have a native syntax highlighting and collapsible text trigger editor implemented, even if there are better editors out there, but right now other things are more important.

I'll have to see how to support that, I haven't done much with text trigedit besides fix bugs as I find em because DW wrote it and I'm not too familiar with the code.

Aug 27 2017, 2:33 pm Wormer Post #294

Yes I imagine Text Trigedit code isn't very pretty. The good thing that Classic Trigedit handles all these things gracefully: though it doesn't allow to change extended unit ID, or even doesn't recognize unknown values in other fields, and haven't got support for trigger flags, but it does preserve everything in it's initial state even if you mess up with trigger, it's players, conditions and actions.

Extended units is the stuff where Text Trigedit stumbles upon too:

This is relevant because kills score still allows us to show death counters via unit overflow.

Also, the bug of the day (SCMD version 17.08.23):

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 27 2017, 3:29 pm by Wormer.

Some.

Aug 27 2017, 2:56 pm Pr0nogo Post #295

Wormer, whatever you host your images on opens a russian sports betting tab when I click on them. Maybe you can use imgur instead?

Aug 27 2017, 3:02 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #296

I see you !

Hmm, I thought text trigedit would parse the integers it outputs.

If you resize the window once the layout issue should fix itself, but I'll try to do that automatically.

Aug 27 2017, 3:27 pm Wormer Post #297

Quote from Pr0nogo
Wormer, whatever you host your images on opens a russian sports betting tab when I click on them. Maybe you can use imgur instead?
I'm sorry for that one, they've become really greedy lately. Switched to Imgur, thanks for the suggestion!
If you resize the window once the layout issue should fix itself, but I'll try to do that automatically.
Thanks for the tip!

Some.

Aug 27 2017, 3:49 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #298

I see you !

Also fixed it. I'm gonna upload a new build to the irregulars page in ~5 mins, can you give it a try and see if that works and make sure I didn't break anything obvious?

E: uploaded

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 27 2017, 4:08 pm by Suicidal Insanity.

Aug 27 2017, 4:38 pm Wormer Post #299

That was a really quick fix, and so far so good! :D

EDIT: Not asking for anything, but maybe find some place to display UnitID somewhere? :whistle:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 27 2017, 4:43 pm by Wormer.

Some.

Aug 27 2017, 4:48 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #300

I see you !

I apparently have to update the minimap height when the rebar sends RBN_LAYOUTCHANGED and not when it sends RBN_HEIGHTCHANGE ... if anyone knows why I'd be interested in knowing.

At some point soon I want to see if I can update every location that displays unit names to display Original Name (Custom Name) - but not unit ID. Maybe I can expand the use defaults text to say use defaults (XYZ, ID YZ)? Hard to find room where it fits well.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15 16 1760 >
  Back to forum