Staredit Network > Forums > Media, Art, and Literature > Topic: [screenplay] CIAJ
[screenplay] CIAJ
Jun 5 2012, 8:08 am
By: Sand Wraith  

Jun 5 2012, 8:08 am Sand Wraith Post #1

she/her

EDIT: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8llYotNR_W0OEFxRGthbGczeUk for a better formatted version. If the image is blurry, download (Ctrl+S) and then view.

INT. LIVING ROOM - NOON

The living room of the 1-story, suburban home is dark. All of the window blinds in the house are tightly shut.

SATORI KOMEIJI, female, 20, peeks through the blinds, holding one of the blinds open.

EXT. STREET - CONTINUOUS

Outside, the sun is shining and there is a slight breeze rustling the leaves of the trees lining the street.

The street is quiet except for the joyous cries of children playing.

Other plain, 1-story, suburban homes similar to Satori's are lined up along the street. Each one has a trimmed front yard, a garage and parking space, and some have flowerbeds.

INT. LIVING ROOM - CONTINUOUS

Satori continues to gaze out of the blinds.

Something catches her attention. She frowns and squints.

EXT. STREET - CONTINUOUS

A shadow leaps from one tree to another in an instant, appearing like a fleeting, dark blur.

INT. LIVING ROOM - CONTINUOUS

Just as Satori drops the blind, the quiet sound of a door closing shut is heard from within the house.

She whirls around and almost takes a step forward, but stops in her tracks - barely avoiding impaling her neck on the tip of a katana (samurai/ninja sword).

In front of her are three NINJAS, each one dressed in black, form-fitting clothing, with shrouds hiding their faces. All three of them are wielding katanas and are poised to strike.

Ninja #1 is the one holding his katana to Satori's neck.

NINJA #1
Satori Komeiji...

SATORI
So, you've finally found me.

NINJA #2
With this...

Satori holds up her hand in a gesture for the ninja to stop.

SATORI
You think that your years of training and tracking me down has finally paid off. You think that your ancestors will at last rest in peace. You think to erase me, the last of my kind... But you're wrong.

A few red cords, stemming from a "third eye" wrapped in bloody bandages and placed over where Satori's heart is, shimmer into existence. The cords connect to her head and wrists.

The interior of the home slowly catches fire in some places. The paint on the walls seem to melt away, revealing ash-stained rock.

The ninjas look around, startled by the transformation.

SATORI
Welcome to...

The scene dissolves in this manner into...

EXT. HELL - CONTINUOUS

SATORI
(continued)
...my personal hell.

The four are near the base of an active volcano, where the slope is still subtle.

The sky is blackened by heavy clouds, frequently lit up by flashes of lightning. Rivers of lava flow freely across the obsidian plains that surround the four. In the distance, tornadoes can be seen.

The ninjas, although surprised, are resolute, and stand their ground.

NINJA #3
You'll die this day, mind reader!

Ninja #3 lunges forward and slashes - empty air.

Satori has already teleported behind the trio.

SATORI
My pets will slaughter you. Okuu! Orin!

OKUU, a large hell raven with a large, ruby-like eye in the middle of her chest, descends from the sky, attacking ninjas #1 and #2.

As ninja #3 prepares to slash at Okuu from behind, ORIN, a black cat with two tails, pounces and stuns him.

The animals and the ninjas engage in fierce but even combat. All of the combatants are supernaturally strong and agile, evading each other's attacks.

Satori merely spectates, but speaks during the fight. She wears a light smirk.

SATORI
Fools... Did you really think I would be defenseless? That I didn't know you were coming? Do not think for one moment that subterfuge and disguises can fool my kind. The moment I see you is the moment your minds are laid bare to me.

For a moment, the fighting ceases. Okuu and Orin sit idly by while the ninjas watch them wearily, panting for breath.

At this point, it is clear that Okuu and Orin have the upper hand - they are unscathed, while the ninjas are covered in bleeding scratches and bite marks, with tears in their clothing.

Satori's expression becomes sad.

SATORI
Your order has been so persistent and thorough... Really, that I should be the last of the mind readers... You say that you fight to protect the hearts of humans out of a desire to allow your race to live in peace. And yet, here you are, disturbing another race, about to extinguish it, one that is not even so different from yours.

NINJA #1
Don't think that you'll have our sympathy. Your kind is an abomination!

SATORI
(addressing all three ninjas)
You say that, but even now, I can see the doubt in your hearts. You question the hatred of your elders, and the hatred that they instilled in you.

NINJA #1
(growls)
Silence!

Ninja #1 dashes at Satori, but is tackled to the ground by Orin.

Ninjas #2 and #3 rush forward to aid ninja #1 as Okuu dives in to confront them.

CLOSE UP - SATORI'S EYES

Satori gazes sorrowfully at the fight. She closes her eyes.

BLACK

Silence.

INT. LIVING ROOM - AFTERNOON

Satori, her pets, and the trio of ninjas are back in Satori's home.

The fight has ended.

The torn bodies of the ninjas are lying still on the carpet in the centre of the room, their katanas still gripped by their dead hands.

On a couch, Okuu and Orin are huddled up beside Satori. Satori is tending to their minor wounds with disinfectant and bandages.

She finishes and her pets nuzzle her. Orin is purring. Satori gently pets Okuu and Orin.

Satori notices a disturbance coming from the bodies.

SATORI
Stay here.

She approaches the body of ninja #1 cautiously.

Satori begins to remove the ninja's shroud.

Suddenly, the ninja's eyes snap open and he stabs Satori's belly with his katana.

Satori goes wide-eyed in pain.

Okuu cries out.

NINJA #1
I am sorry.

The ninja goes limp as Orin needlessly pounces at his throat.

Satori, clutching the blade, falls over.

Orin and Okuu rush to her side, mewing and crying.

SATORI
Okuu, Orin... I'm sorry... I was too careless.

Orin licks Satori's nose.

SATORI
(laughs lightly)
Okuu, Orin, I have something to tell you.

Her pets go quiet.

SATORI
(strained)
Do you remember my sister... Koishi? She sealed her third eye and shut her heart. Then, she left us. Ah, so you do remember... I want you two to find her. She will be your new master. But she's still young, so take care of her. Don't let anyone bully her.

Her pets nod.

Satori begins to stroke them, but her pace is slowing. Her eyes are watery.

SATORI
(weakly)
Show her the same love you have show me, and perhaps she will open her heart once more. Orin, Okuu...
(mouthing)
I love you.

Satori's stroking halts and her hands fall to the ground as she shuts her eyes. A tear rolls off her face.

BLACK

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 7 2012, 10:41 am by Sand Wraith.

Options
  Back to forum