Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Mine Drag
Mine Drag
Apr 24 2012, 10:19 pm
By: Mouse  

Apr 24 2012, 10:19 pm Mouse Post #1

Mine Drag
By StupidFred @ USEast

This is another map I have barely begun, but I thought it was worth a shot to see what you guys thought of it. There are a bunch of short levels similar to Bounds where you have a Zergling and you have to get a computer's mine to follow you back to a beacon (Also kind of like Impossible Probe). But if you die, then you die. So you will have teamates that will help you out with this. I also had the thought of making it so that there were 7 people in a competition where it was the first person to finish 10 or 20 levels to win. There are also units that you may have to dodge like a Zealot, Firebat, Archons, etc. There is a level where you can use the Zealot to help you and block the Mine while it is chasing you, so it can be kind of cool. Let me know what you guys think!

The Concept:
-Mine dragging is a skill when you activate and a Spider Mine from a long distance and then running into a cluster of enemy (normally Terran) units. A successful mine drag can deal lots of damage in a normal SC match. It is most commonly done with a Protosss unit (Dark Templar or Zealot) or a Zerg unit (Zergling). The Zergling has the advantage though because of its high speed.

Below is an example of mine dragging in a game.

You can also go to this link and see a cool trick with Mine Dragging.

~Mouse

Screenshots:

Attachments:
Mine Drag UP.scx
Hits: 0 Size: 46.94kb

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Apr 26 2012, 12:19 am by Mouse.

None.

Options
  Back to forum