Staredit Network > Forums > Technology & Computers > Topic: putting java applets on a website
putting java applets on a website
Nov 5 2007, 4:36 am
By: RoryFenrir  

Nov 5 2007, 4:36 am RoryFenrir Post #1

okay, im trying to put one of my applets from java onto my website, which is an html page.
My understanding was that you put the
<HTML>
<APPLET CODE = "AppletName.class" WIDTH = "128" HEIGHT = "200">
</APPLET>
</HTML>
in the code for the page and it would work.
It shows the java loading thing in the correct size but after it loads its jsut a red X

None.

Nov 5 2007, 5:21 am Twitch Post #2

Quote from RoryFenrir
okay, im trying to put one of my applets from java onto my website, which is an html page.
My understanding was that you put the
<HTML>
<APPLET CODE = "AppletName.class" WIDTH = "128" HEIGHT = "200">
</APPLET>
</HTML>
in the code for the page and it would work.
It shows the java loading thing in the correct size but after it loads its jsut a red X
That would mean you have your javascript thing on your browser turned off.Its stupid but,yes browsers do this check and make sure its on.

None.

Nov 5 2007, 5:25 am who Post #3

Its JAVA, not JAVASCRIPT. :D
If you use Firefox, you can click Tools and go to Java Console. It may display some errors with the applet, such as not finding the file. You may also need a CODEBASE attribute.

None.

Nov 5 2007, 5:46 am cheeze Post #4

Show AppletName.java please.

None.

Options
  Back to forum