Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: Cannot Place Units/Buildings in Editor
Cannot Place Units/Buildings in Editor
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Apr 10 2010, 2:13 pm
By: LoveLess  

Apr 10 2010, 2:13 pm LoveLess Post #1

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

I cannot place any units, buildings, etc. Anything within the Units tab just does not respond.

Don't give me a simple, retard answer like, "Turn on "Place Units Anywhere." I know how to use Draft.

Deleting everything worked, topic hasth served it's purpose in life.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 10 2010, 4:23 pm by LoveLess.

None.

Apr 10 2010, 2:20 pm Aristocrat Post #2

Right-click once in the SCMDraft window and try selecting units again. This works when I encounter something similar.

None.

Apr 10 2010, 2:28 pm LoveLess Post #3

Quote from Aristocrat
Right-click once in the SCMDraft window and try selecting units again. This works when I encounter something similar.
Yeah, I already tried that. I can select units and delete units just fine. However, I cannot place any. This includes copy/pasta.

Restarting does not work, opening new maps does not work... I guess I will just reinstall...Well, that didn't work.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 10 2010, 2:35 pm by LoveLess.

None.

Apr 10 2010, 2:41 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Try messing around with compatibility modes.
I can't save/open map files with Win98/ME compatibility mode.

Apr 10 2010, 2:44 pm LoveLess Post #5

Quote from Ahli
Try messing around with compatibility modes.
I can't save/open map files with Win98/ME compatibility mode.
I'm on 7 and I tried what you said, nothing worked. I do not know where the cache or anything like that is, so I can't 100% renew my SCMDraft.

None.

Apr 10 2010, 2:58 pm Ahli Post #6

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Search "scmdraft" in your regedit to find things like that:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stormcoast Fortress

I'm on 7, too. I never had that problem. :(

Apr 10 2010, 4:06 pm LoveLess Post #7

Alright, the whole thing is starting to not respond and nothing else on my PC is bugging like this, so how do I completely remove everything without searching and deleting for a long time. The uninstaller seems to tell me to fuck off by removing the things that are easiest to find.

None.

Options
  Back to forum