Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: Carrier has Arrived!
Carrier has Arrived!
Oct 6 2007, 6:42 am
By: Paravin.  

Oct 11 2007, 11:57 pm BeDazed Post #21

everybody noticed. Thank you very much. :\

None.

Nov 2 2007, 5:47 am ejac1337 Post #22

One thing I don't understand about this, there is a legit video that shows a new version of the carrier as well called the tempest. Whether that design was scrapped or not, I don't know.

1 key difference between the 2 if you look is that the tempest has guns on its side instead of being unarmed and the tempest is blue, not yellow. Maybe the carrier upgrades into the tempest?

None.

Nov 2 2007, 6:00 am Joshgt2 Post #23

but what is the tempest upgrades into the Carrier? I know what you mean though by seeing the 2 in the videos and the articles in magazines released by PC Gamer and what not. Maybe they thought that changing the name of one of the best air units in the original game wouldn't be too good for the people that loved them like myself.

None.

Nov 2 2007, 7:21 am chuiu Post #24

Quote from Ejac
One thing I don't understand about this, there is a legit video that shows a new version of the carrier as well called the tempest. Whether that design was scrapped or not, I don't know.

1 key difference between the 2 if you look is that the tempest has guns on its side instead of being unarmed and the tempest is blue, not yellow. Maybe the carrier upgrades into the tempest?
There is no Tempest. It was the replacement for the Carrier but now its a scrapped unit and is removed from melee.

None.

Dec 20 2007, 5:56 am Ryan Post #25

Weren't they gonna get rid of the Carrier before? =S
Either way the Carrier looks kick ass =D

None.

Feb 21 2008, 9:13 pm Blah Post #26

Mass carriers <3 ownage.
And then bc:s..

None.

Feb 22 2008, 3:29 pm Paravin. Post #27

You're a necromanananamant! Burn the heretic!

None.

Feb 24 2008, 1:51 pm Forsaken Archer Post #28

Looks like we get a carrier with it's own weapons for map editing... At least, that's what I'm assuming :)

None.

Feb 25 2008, 1:35 am Rantent Post #29

Interesting note: Either blizzard forgot to update their site, or the Stargate does not build Carriers anymore...

None.

Feb 25 2008, 5:36 am Impeached Post #30

Notice the "..." at the end, though.

None.

Feb 28 2008, 12:46 am Vi3t-X Post #31

Ok, for the clueless in mind:

The Protoss Tempest was a Dark Templar version of the well reknown Protoss Carrier. Due to the loss of Auir, and the banishment of the Dark Templar, they were forced to join forces. The Carrier, although stronger in nature, was too expensive to build and maintain, thus a dark Carrier, entitled TEMPEST, was introduced alongside other Dark Templar architecture such as the Dark Obelisk and the Protoss Stalker. The Tempest was cheaper to build, but was essentially weaker, and it's weapon payload known as shruikens were melee saws which cut, instead of shot. The tempest also required less people to man the ship, but by popular demand, the Light verson Capitol Warship was reintroduced and the Carrier with it's interceptors were reborn.

Does that help?

None.

Mar 24 2008, 5:10 am CooL Post #32

Wow, interceptor's lazer gun is sweet!

None.

Options
  Back to forum