Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Needed: 2 reviewers
Needed: 2 reviewers
Dec 13 2008, 10:42 am
By: Forsaken Archer  

Dec 14 2008, 11:47 pm UnholyUrine Post #21

Quote from Corbo
What's stopping you from doing reviews now? You really don't need IP to give you a magical staff position to write them.
What about the current review system not being 100% implemented and kinda not being a review system but more of a commenting system?

Hey I was just thinking about that too.. I saw the review system on, and it doesn't look like many people'd see it. Most people would look at the Map Showcase....

But reviewing is definately something i'd like to do =o... And I was doing it 6 months before when I tried to do that Monthly Map digest that kept getting deleted/moved to Null... Back then, I supposed SEN wasn't supportive of reviews so I just went meh~...
But I'd love to review maps.. It is EXTREMELY fun and I will definately make it "my job on sen" :P... The only thing stopping me right now is the current reviewing system being all too hidden =o.. It feels like no one'll look at a long chunk of words when they can just DL and play it....

IMO there should be a ranking system with Gameplay (replayability, fun, etc.), Game Design (how do one use spells? could you have done dropship system instead of making me walk my civ to a beacon called spell 1?), Presentation (professionalism, spell effects, etc.), and Others for other game types (like Story for RPGs)... and of course the Average rating (which has already been implemented)

And I agree with having 2 reviewers, because one may be biased. it'd be best to have 2 completely diff people :P

EDIT: I just realized.. I don't even know how to actually review a map.. I just wanted to try reviewing Chain Reaction.. so I found the map on the DLDB .. but there's no button that says "review this map" ...
So i went to the review part... and i had to enter the map's ID? I tried the map name.. and map DL name.. still couldn't get it right... so err ftw?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 14 2008, 11:57 pm by UnholyUrine.

None.

Dec 15 2008, 12:13 am Falkoner Post #22

The map name is the number in the URL.

The review section as you know it is dying

Dying as in, being replaced? Because as of now, even the functions that link the map to its own review don't work right.

None.

Dec 15 2008, 12:27 am MePHiStO_IS_GoD Post #23

Lol I've been doing reviews in my movie map series the Map Reviewer, mostly picking apart shitty maps that deserve to be locked up in the sun. This would be a blast to do....but Im far too busy at the moment, school/work is busting my balls. But maybe in the future I can do this. :D

None.

Dec 15 2008, 2:14 am UnholyUrine Post #24

There I just reviewed Chain Reaction.. Tell me what you think :P Review my review

None.

Dec 16 2008, 7:51 pm StrikerX22 Post #25

Well, if the review system is currently buggy or down now, perhaps we could just make a thread with sample reviews. I already suggested in a related thread that perhaps we should make a thread for review format ideas, which I'd be willing to help with.

I gotta say, reviewing a map every 5ish days is not so bad, if it's not supposed to be huge. Frankly, no one wants to look through a ton of huge reviews... those should be like bonuses for those that like to read angry game rants, and if they exist, they should be labeled as such, along with a shorter version. Reviewers should also perhaps stick to map genres they're accustomed to playing, for an "accurate" relative view.

I've got as good of English skills as most here, and I'm fair and thorough, though I don't mince words. I'd be willing to give this a go, at the lowest productiveness for a while, to see how it goes. But I do think we should be able to give sample reviews first =P.

None.

Dec 16 2008, 10:19 pm Kaias Post #26

Wow, I never even noticed the review section before. It would be more active if it was visually pleasing, with a nice picture of the map/mod being reviewed on the left.

None.

Dec 31 2009, 12:08 am Devourer Post #27

Hello

I know that I should not dig out older topics but now, as the DLDB is working again, I want you, who are good at english and good at writing texts (which I'm not good at all :P), to review files.
Maybe once a month or once every three weeks.
I've set reviews to be able to be written by every user right now so you do not need to ask for permission or such as it was required before.
Users, who are writing excellent, informative but not to long reviews, might get a tiny reward like a free file-spotlight or similar stuff.
So some of you are going to do so?
Thanks in advance.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Dec 31 2009, 12:09 am Jack Post #28

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

I'll probably review a few.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Dec 31 2009, 12:16 am Neki Post #29

I already wrote one before you asked, because I can like, read minds. :P

None.

Dec 31 2009, 12:18 am Devourer Post #30

Hello

Quote from name:Ultimo
I already wrote one before you asked, because I can like, read minds. :P
It's not about writing only one. That's what every member can do :P. I was requesting two or more serious reviewers.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Dec 31 2009, 12:21 am Vrael Post #31

Quote from Kaias
Wow, I never even noticed the review section before. It would be more active if it was visually pleasing, with a nice picture of the map/mod being reviewed on the left.
I still haven't noticed the review section, and I was looking for it...

Edit: nevermind.

None.

Dec 31 2009, 1:12 am InsolubleFluff Post #32

I now have a working laptop for temporary usage, I will be uploading starcraft the momment I have my CD KEY back from my friends house and along with that will be a map.

None.

Dec 31 2009, 1:36 am Urahara Post #33

Ill Review 2-3 every 2-3 weeks if i have the time(Which i will have)

None.

Jan 14 2010, 1:58 am UnholyUrine Post #34

Hmmm I'd do it if it was about ~14 days for one review...

Of course.. I'd have to ask whether I can keep my frivolous writing style.

None.

Options
  Back to forum