Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: The High Cost Of Low Prices
The High Cost Of Low Prices
Nov 14 2007, 11:44 pm
By: JordanN  

Nov 14 2007, 11:44 pm JordanN Post #1

Thinking of also bringing this thread to maplantis but anyway....

After watching some documentary about people trying to expose wal-mart I say its propaganda and heres many reasons why I think these haters should die.

Quote from radio canada news 2005

Well the article is in french but I'll translate it for those who dont understand. Apparently in 2005 the high priests of the jesuite church was suing wal-mart claiming it was "infringing upon their religious rights" when Wal-mart chose a new building site that just happend to be right beside the church and that land is what they claim to be "religious retreat" to them. Now this is complete shit. What makes them think that's their land or property knowing that the church itself was built on land where natives use to be and guess what! Those where the same people who drove them out and took their land. What hypocrites they are. Now thank gosh Canada was finally doing the right thing and the supreme court ruled against them. And now a Wal-mart is built in that same location and many of the townspeople wanted it because they know they can have a much better shopping expirence that can suit there wages.

Quote from sexist complaints about wal-mart
More bullcrap. Now this time its those radical feminists who complain about anything. If a man walks in front of woman, or if a boy doesnt say hello to a girl its the feminists. Now what more rights do they want. In this case they claim that their wages are much more lower then men. But, 90% of the people who work there are men and 10% are woman. Worst of all because of this the feminists are going to the extreme saying "don't shop at wal-mart its sexist" and labling that all wal-mart stores are sexist which in this case is ludicrous. I mean shouldnt they at least be happy their getting money rather then being on the streets?

Did you know Nike,the gap and disney also support them. Now for the blame should be on the governments. Most of these corrupted places such as vietnam or thailand want their people to just stay at the bottom while the rich pour in money to them. Now when these workhouses open up this is pretty much their only chance of making a way of life. Most of the people who go to these workhouses do it so they can send their children to school and have a better life only to return and take their families away from such a bad life.

Putting stores out of business
So. Its a fact that such a corporation would do such a thing but at least they get a job in return because well not even that store could provide things customers would need.

The economic factor
Pretty much Wal-Mart controls alot of America's economy but not only that but other countries. At first when it was opening its installments in Canada people where in protest but then after the stores settled they were as happy as they can be. Reasons for that was because families who where making below the poverty line where able to get alot of things they needed for just under a $100. These where the same people who would do their grocery shopping at Dollar stores.

jobs
What should be the least of complaining that people say that don't make minimum wage. I've seen teens who work there that make $9 an hour. Not just that but companies that supply such as SCM, a person who works there can make $19 an hour just for shipping these items to the stores.

I can't really think up of anymore at the time. Also I do Acknowledge all the bad things wal-mart does but some just claim the store to be just plain bad as it is not.

None.

Nov 16 2007, 3:44 am yenku Post #2

Uh..

Walmart is horrible whatever you say. You can skew any data or choose biased data to defend or attack anything.

You're ignoring the fact that their products are cheap, made by cheap labor, workers don't get paid more than 13,000 and don't get health benefits.

None.

Nov 16 2007, 9:07 pm TristanOfVP Post #3

Quote from yenku
more than 13,000 and don't get health benefits.

Most people don't get health benefits

None.

Nov 16 2007, 10:42 pm yenku Post #4

They better be if they're getting paid 13k per year.

None.

Nov 18 2007, 11:07 am Viii_iiiV Post #5

I know, 13k a year is insane, and far too high. The government are bleeding companies like Wal Mart dry because they force them to pay for "Health and Safety", and to pay insane rates.

I say abolish minimum wage. If you're worth a quarter an hour, then you get paid a quarter an hour - why should the rich pay for you to survive?

None.

Nov 18 2007, 9:15 pm yenku Post #6

Sarcasm?

None.

Options
  Back to forum