Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Jungle + Badlands (driving myself crazy)
Jungle + Badlands (driving myself crazy)
May 18 2024, 3:44 am
By: Sylph-Of-Space  

May 18 2024, 3:44 am Sylph-Of-Space Post #1

I've been keeping it at it after I'm done my full-time job kind of late into the night, sorry to not post anything in a minute. My big push right now is to figure out new blends and modify cliff heights wherever you can/break up the boxiness of isometric terrain wherever it's possible.

Some blends are "borrowed" from my older maps, some are from WoodenFire/other great terrainers, but they are genuinely the best way to do certain things, and none of the actual terrain pieces are copies. The idea of non-standard/slightly taller/not just stacked cliff heights is something i made in a map a long time ago but never actually shared with anyone. I'll try compiling all of these into a coherent map later. Honestly this is just cause I tend to work in a really messy way still and I don't think my current maps would be much help to anyone.

None.

May 18 2024, 3:51 am Sylph-Of-Space Post #2

Oops! Forgot that I expanded the badlands grass area!

None.

May 18 2024, 5:38 pm Ultraviolet Post #3

These are awesome! I love that you have the grass going all the way up to the cliff edges. I always hated how in regular isom, if you want grassy areas and cliff areas, there has to be an awkward patch of dirt separating them.

May 19 2024, 8:37 am IlyaSnopchenko Post #4

The Curious

Awesome. Now, if only someone would give my maps this kind of treatment. :)

Trial and error... mostly error.

May 20 2024, 3:55 am Sylph-Of-Space Post #5

Quote from IlyaSnopchenko
Awesome. Now, if only someone would give my maps this kind of treatment. :)

If you have a map you want me to polish up and I can find some time, please lmk. I always wanted to actually *finish* something rather than just show off WIP pieces that never go anywhere (i mean it's still fun lol).

None.

Options
  Back to forum