Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: GPTP: Detect if attack is melee/ranged
GPTP: Detect if attack is melee/ranged
Feb 29 2024, 4:36 pm
By: Netbek  

Feb 29 2024, 4:36 pm Netbek Post #1

In GPTP, is there an inbuilt property I can use to check if an attack is melee/ranged? Or is the only way to do this to reference the range of an attack?

(I am modifying weapon_damage.cpp from GPTP-for-VS2019.)

Mar 3 2024, 3:51 pm UndeadStar Post #2

You need to check the range.
I mean some melee weapons have a range of 10, but then do the flamethrower count considering its 32 range?
Also, I don't remember if there's one unit like that, but if there's a melee attack with AOE, should it count?
Because of those small cases, checking the range (and possibly the splash radius) is the logical option.

edit: just realized the nuke got a range of 3, all is in the splash radius, yep it's tricky.

Mar 4 2024, 7:42 am IlyaSnopchenko Post #3

The Curious

Weapons.dat weapon behaviour?
I mean, that's how I would do in SCR/AICE, but idk if GPTP can do it this way.

Trial and error... mostly error.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[08:36 am]
Brusilov -- Hey, what happened to EUDDB? Is there a mirror for it somewhere? Need to do a little research.
[11:31 pm]
Vrael -- :wob:
[08:42 pm]
Ultraviolet -- :wob:
[2024-5-08. : 10:09 pm]
Ultraviolet -- let's fucking go on a madmen rage bruh
[2024-5-08. : 10:01 pm]
Vrael -- Alright fucks its time for cake and violence
[2024-5-07. : 7:47 pm]
Ultraviolet -- Yeah, I suppose there's something to that
[2024-5-06. : 5:02 am]
Oh_Man -- whereas just "press X to get 50 health back" is pretty mindless
[2024-5-06. : 5:02 am]
Oh_Man -- because it adds anotherr level of player decision-making where u dont wanna walk too far away from the medic or u lose healing value
[2024-5-06. : 5:01 am]
Oh_Man -- initially I thought it was weird why is he still using the basic pre-EUD medic healing system, but it's actually genius
[2024-5-06. : 3:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- Vrael
Vrael shouted: I almost had a heart attack just thinking about calculating all the offsets it would take to do that kind of stuff
With the modern EUD editors, I don't think they're calculating nearly as many offsets as you might imagine. Still some fancy ass work that I'm sure took a ton of effort
Please log in to shout.

Members Online: NudeRaider, Vrael, dywan